2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he want out then its about getting top price for him.
I think he has the basics to be a top player. pace and control. and a big work rate. he needs to bulk up and stay on his feet and I'm sure the end produce will improve with experience.
But if we do sell then its vital we have a forward to being in straight into first team. and a quality one.

if he wants to stay at everton I'm all for that.i want players who love playing for us.

All about how we spend the profit innit?

As Everton fans, we expect the best and anticipate the worst.

If Gordon is sold and we spend well, we are better off. If Gordon is sold and we buy 4 plodding midfielders and a 7th plodding winger, we are humped.

The rest of this thread is an advertisement for bleach consumption and should be deleted for the sake of everybody’s sanity.

If we was in a better place Id say hold out for whatever we can but the thought of missing out on 40m plus to reinvest in much needed positions and Gordon just becoming another average player we can't take that chance need to cash in. I like his attitude and he has ability which is mainly due to his pace turns sharp and makes yards over players if he wasn't quick id struggle to see what else he has and thought he stood out more last season because we was so poor.
His attitude is fantastic and his pace is exciting. I also think he played a big part in lifting the squad towards the end of last season. It would be great as you say if we had the luxury of holding out to see how far he improves. We are often complaining of developing players and losing them for nothing, dead investment etc. The few we develop into premier league players we get attached to but taking 40+mil for an academy player is what good business looks like and we should definitely do it when we get the opportunity. It might also be great for the lad himself. win/win imo

Why ?
Stay here and battle relegation or
Go to Chelsea, earn fortunes, challenge for trophies and play champions league.
There’s a huge risk in that though. Look at Barkley. He has sacrificed his career for what? He can hardly say he fulfilled it can he? Gordon is very young still and has plenty of time to further his career. If anything he’s using this to get a better deal.

Also on another note I don’t believe we will be battling relegation this season.

There’s a huge risk in that though. Look at Barkley. He has sacrificed his career for what? He can hardly say he fulfilled it can he? Gordon is very young still and has plenty of time to further his career. If anything he’s using this to get a better deal.
When did Barkley sacrifice his career?

He earned millions more than he would have here and "won" trophies.

Yeah, I bet hes gutted he didnt stay here.

Also on another note I don’t believe we will be battling relegation this season.
Tbf If Anthony has ambition he will go.
We can't offer him much currently.

If he want out then its about getting top price for him.
I think he has the basics to be a top player. pace and control. and a big work rate. he needs to bulk up and stay on his feet and I'm sure the end produce will improve with experience.
But if we do sell then its vital we have a forward to being in straight into first team. and a quality one.

if he wants to stay at everton I'm all for that.i want players who love playing for us.

Spot on.

When did Barkley sacrifice his career?

He earned millions more than he would have here and "won" trophies.

Yeah, I bet hes gutted he didnt stay here.
Seriously, you think he has had a decent career since he left? He has played around 50 games for Chelsea many as a sub. His England career also went down the pan. The guy had talent. OK money wise he has done well I’m sure but playing wise I think his career sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.