2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGW has just gone for £44m based on a good season in the championship!!

£45m in that context is NOT a good deal for the club!!

Give Chelsea our number - be it £50m or £55m or whatever. Give them a deadline to make the offer. Make it clear that we walk away at that point if the money is not on the table. And stick to our valuation. If Chelsea don't match it then the player stays. End of.
This.

And I would readily accept us sell Gordon btw. But if we've set a price then we stick to it. Chelsea will pay it if they want him badly enough.

That's one more productive season than Gordon has in any fully professional league!

The downside here is he's not any better this year, we barely survive (or don't in which case we're honestly screwed), and then we're stuck with a below standard player who hasn't gotten better and who is likely not ever getting a bid like that put in again. I'd rather just have the 45m.

If you are comparing a good season in the championship to the premier league, then I give up

If I'm given 45m to spend on a player and my options are one of the best players in the championship at his position or one of the worst players in the PL at his position I'm trying to see if the championship player can step up.

Gordon is not one of the worst players, and MGW is not a winger, so I don't know what players you are referring to.

If I'm given 45m to spend on a player and my options are one of the best players in the championship at his position or one of the worst players in the PL at his position I'm trying to see if the championship player can step up.
He's not one of the worst players in the PL.

He isn't yet productive enough in terms of direct goal contributions but he offers a lot of other good things.

Just chill out, you aren't in charge, the club are taking a stance on the valuation they have set. If Chelsea pay it, sound. Leicester have just taken a loan out against their TV earnings, haven't bought a player all transfer window and are demanding Fofana costs £90-100m, because they are confident Chelsea will pay it.

The key difference here is both of those players have been at worst average PL players in their positions while also having scope to improve. Gordon was as productive as Jordan Ayew last year. His price is entirely based on improvement.

Also if 50m is reasonable so is 45m imo. The deal should have been done already in that case. The gap is too small.
You speak as if a player's valuation exists in the state of nature, or perhaps as a Platonic ideal, but the greater fool disagrees.

Though I'd prefer to see Gordon develop with the famous blues of Merseyside, I'd be willing to sell him if Chelsea offer 40 million plus one (1) young winger superior to Anthony Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.