2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't buy attackers based on their defensive work. You can avoid buying them because they don't do enough. But being average is fine if they're good at the important stuff.

That's probably fair, for top teams it probably prevents you signing someone (say Lukaku). It has to be factored in to why teams like him though. They know he's not a liability and can improve his numbers.

Yes thats true as well.

The problem is, he's probably doing it more than the rest, but nobody is giving us 50m for the others, so we have to twist
I don’t care about the others, he’s clearly not good enough to regularly change or impact games; the same as Gray and McNeil - every now and then I’m sure they’ll look like world beaters

They’re not good enough and we’re not scoring or creating anything

I mean he's also exceptional at all aspects without the ball.

But 50m is a price we should take, and we have to hope we can recruit well.
You think his off the ball movement is exceptional? Really?! I think it’s non-existent in the main.

Again though, when you continually use words like ‘exceptional’ to describe him you can’t really get funny about it when people say they’d quite like him to occasionally win the odd point fantasy football point.

You think his off the ball movement is exceptional? Really?! I think it’s non-existent in the main.

Again though, when you continually use words like ‘exceptional’ to describe him you can’t really get funny about it when people say they’d quite like him to occasionally win the odd point fantasy football point.
Agree with this like

He is promising and I honestly thought today is the best he's been in a while, but I still don't think he was more than a 6.5/10.

I think we should cash in but do think some of the criticism of him is harsh.

Agree with this like

He is promising and I honestly thought today is the best he's been in a while, but I still don't think he was more than a 6.5/10.

I think we should cash in but do think some of the criticism of him is harsh.
Some of the criticism of him on here is definitely harsh, but then it is for all of them to be fair. Like many of the others, he’s a decent player in his own right, and in his case there’s the potential there for him to get better. The lack of any sort of return from him is getting to a concerning point now though. He has 1 goal and no assists in exactly half a season. At a point in his career when you’d hope he’d be really kicking on he’s not really showing many signs of doing it just yet.

New to football :D nah! probably remember Gordon Banks, Bonetti, Gordon West, Ron Springett making those saves and not even getting applause for them as they were simple enough. If he let in one of those shots he would have been crucified by the Forest fans. Bread & Water saves not one great save amongst them
This is the classic Everton Da syndrome though isn't, there always has to be one of our players to pick on, and now its young Anthony. It is funny that there is a narrative coming from some that Henderson was average, making non premier league quality saves, anything to put the knife into our young star. If you look at reviews from pundits, not GOT Da's and bedwetters you'll see a general opinion that Henderson had a great game and made great saves, which if he had not Gordon would have scored. That won't be accepted by some on here as operation annihalate Gordon is in full swing. When have McNeil to replace Richy, you will possibly have Januzi to replace Gordon, but I guess that is what some supposed blues want. Not me, I see the issues as being Gomes, Gbamin, Rondon, Keane and co, not our better players - but I guess I am an oddball for wanting to keep our better players and focus upon shifting the deadwood.

Dean Henderson: Will prove to be a really important signing if he keeps up the form of his first three games. Made some superb saves. A shame it didn’t end in a clean-sheet. Rating: 8/10

Nottingham 1-1: Forest up at Goodison with Henderson stunning​

Dean Henderson had a great day and had decisive interventions in the game.

BBC have him just pipped to being MOTM.

My feelings on Gordon is that he's exactly where he ought to be in terms of his development. You see flashes, but he's unpolished and a team that wants to stay in the division shouldn't be relying on his as their main source of creativity/goals.

Think he could become a really good player in time. But it would be borderline negligent not to sell at 50+ million.

Status
Not open for further replies.