2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
spending massive money is only way to keep conte happy and even then he'll still be away in a year or so
I was amazed the other day when the pundits were all talking about how Spurs have to keep Conte happy. Sounds very unlike Levy, but I guess there aren’t too many better managers around if you want short term success.

But it's not business that we have to do. Most fans don't want him gone, despite the insistence of some in this GOT thread.
In general, any club is better off taking a strong offer than they are keeping an unsettled player around. There are exceptions - Spurs did it with Kane - but the reality is that Gordon is in no way as essential.

Spurs would be a pretty terrible move for the lad. He'd be even further down the options than at Chelsea.
I don’t see how Spurs possibly beat Chelsea’s offer. Even if they match or slightly beat it Chelsea still hold the trump card of Broja or whoever else we might want, presumably those deals would be off the table if we accepted a rival offer.

Even though I like AG and don’t want him to go, at £60m we can’t refuse.
This really.

I like him. I don’t think he’s great. I think my fondness of him is because he is local and nothing more.

£50/£60m we are never ever getting offered that again. And we have Townsend (when he returns), gray and McNeil this season who offer about as much as AG to us right now.

Sad that we’re in this position, but it will help
Is develop more in other areas of the pitch.

We have to take that money now so we have a week to improve the squad overall. We’re now 3rd favourites to go down with AG in the side.

A thought I had this morning was - if he was a chelsea youth player, would he be in their first team? Is he better than callum UO, loft is cheek, pulisic, etc etc. he doesn’t even make the bench imo and probably out on loan.

Sell - unfortunately.

How do you “prepare a bid”? Don’t you just send an email saying “ey yar do you want £60m for Gordon lads?”
It's about how the deal is structured, in terms of the cash up front, the add-ons and how they get triggered. Chelsea will be trying to put together an offer that looks as strong as possible, but ultimately pays us as little as possible. There are a lot of small details that can make or break an offer, and they want to get those right in terms of both getting the deal done and minimizing their total cost in the end.

£110m for Richarlison and Gordon. If those funds can't put us mid-table at least then we might as well all choose a different team to get behind if we want to see silverware in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.