Anyone who puts Neville and Heitinga in the same side

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the other hand if we had played Stones and he had a shocker, his confidence would be shot. Playing an eighteen year old full back against United for his debut shouldn't really be happening. Especially when our club captain and most experienced player is fit.

It can't be worse than playing a young right back, at left back, with only one full time central defender away at Benfica. Especially when said right back's only experience of first team football was in the Irish leagues.
The Championship is at a much higher level than that.

on the other hand if we had played Stones and he had a shocker, his confidence would be shot. Playing an eighteen year old full back against United for his debut shouldn't really be happening. Especially when our club captain and most experienced player is fit.

Drivel. The type of game can make a player or break one. People think this lads a youth player with no experience. Our champions league pursuit is 99.9% over. The lad may have had a blinder today. No worse could have happened than a defeat. Goal deficit or not.

His team selection is so predictable its unbelievable.

smalling_1477160a.jpg

PhilJones_1665271a.jpg

In the side we faced today alone.

Not a good enough excuse for me. The lad didn't make a mistake, he was in the side on merit when he was pulled out - not just out of the starting eleven either, he was pulled out completely. Bad management.

He wasn't in the side on merit - he was in due to injuries. He did ok, granted, but he did need a lot of talking through games. My sense is that he would be let go if Moyes could bring in another centre back on the cheap. He may actually not be good enough. Only time will tell, of course,

Last edited:

I'd agree with this. In any case, Neville had a decent game, defensively anyway. Nevertheless, a more forward looking manager might have given Stones the last 5 or 10 minutes, just for the experience and so the lad could live the dream.

I'd agree with this. In any case, Neville had a decent game, defensively anyway. Nevertheless, a more forward looking manager might have given Stones the last 5 or 10 minutes, just for the experience and so the lad could live the dream.

Neville had a good game? What with his backward and sideways passing. Lack of ability to beat a man. Playing the opposition on side. He was crap.

smalling_1477160a.jpg

PhilJones_1665271a.jpg

In the side we faced today alone.

Not a good enough excuse for me. The lad didn't make a mistake, he was in the side on merit when he was pulled out - not just out of the starting eleven either, he was pulled out completely. Bad management.

not good enough for me either, terrible management. you missed out another pic as well - the MOM rafael. still a youngster too but he's been round for a good few years now, learning his trade and all that. Something moyes should have done a good few years back with coleman. Rafael had a shocker at reading and was hauled off after 30 mins and united went on to win the game. Heitinga had a worse game vs villa, stayed on until the game was 3-1 after 60 mins and we only came back to draw it.

massive difference between a manager who knows how to win (ferguson) and a manager who takes too long/doesn't make the right choice anyway (moyes)

Sick of the Shane Duffy calls...

How many top flight competitive games has the lad played?

Has done nothing to suggest he's ready to start vs Man Utd at Old Trafford FFS.

David Moyes is a fantastic manager keeping a side playing in the PL -
maybe the next Harry Redknapp - but certainly not the next Alex Ferguson -
to win the league and cups takes vision and strategic thinking - coupled with calculated risks -
and the ability to motivate a team to turn games around and win those that you should really lose -
unfotunately David Moyes is lacking in those departments which really matters -
but all that said - he still is a good manager for a side like Everton who seems to be happy with what and where they are

Sick of the Shane Duffy calls...

How many top flight competitive games has the lad played?

Has done nothing to suggest he's ready to start vs Man Utd at Old Trafford FFS.

Sadly, neither has Heitinga recently.
Still, hopefully Distin hasn't been eating Findus Lasagne's and will be back at the races next week.

Second goal Neville's fault. He played van persie on.

Yes but who was static asking for offside =JH an international player he should have played the whistle another mare from him he should have been dropped completely today on his latest performances - if he had not have been named on the bench Duffy could have played instantly - ask the great Colin Harvey how he made his debut - This would have not been Duffys debut he is a Irish under 21 captain FFS! play him encourage him - JH has been awful in his last 3 games the WBA howler, they hit the bar just after that we were coasting that game till he blundered he almost cost us in that game as well as last weeks v Villa -I do not want to see him in a royal Blue shirt ever again he can not run end off!

David Moyes is a fantastic manager keeping a side playing in the PL -
maybe the next Harry Redknapp - but certainly not the next Alex Ferguson -
to win the league and cups takes vision and strategic thinking - coupled with calculated risks -
and the ability to motivate a team to turn games around and win those that you should really lose -
unfotunately David Moyes is lacking in those departments which really matters -
but all that said - he still is a good manager for a side like Everton who seems to be happy with what and where they are

Couldnt have put it better myself. Fantastic post.

Ps I also dont want Duffy in the side. Ive seen him play and I dont think hes good enough. I want to see stones though.

Couldnt have put it better myself. Fantastic post.

Ps I also dont want Duffy in the side. Ive seen him play and I dont think hes good enough. I want to see stones though.[/QUOTE

He played a few games last season did Duffy I had him as MOTM in two of them! ]
He cannot be slower than JH - DM has gone from playing youngsters like Rodwell Gosling to not trusting any younster one mistake & they are loaned out - JH imo is to blame for our last SIX goals conceded!

I have no idea why he was unceremoniously dropped after that run in the first team last year. Didn't put a foot wrong and Moyes pulled the rug from under his feet and he hasn't seen the light of day since.

I shouldn't be surprised, as that's basically what the fool does with young players time and time again. Vellios, Barkley...

Anichebe, Rodwell, Gosling, Rooney, Vaughan.

Oh wait.

People need to behave with the shouts for Vellios, he can't even score for the reserves. He had starts last season and was anonymous in them.

Anichebe, Rodwell, Gosling, Rooney, Vaughan.

Oh wait.

People need to behave with the shouts for Vellios, he can't even score for the reserves. He had starts last season and was anonymous in them.

Agree with the general point here, but he's the second highest scorer in the U21's behind, err, Duffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.