Are Everton not in crisis?

Are Everton not in crisis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Lampard last the season. I genuinely think he’s pretty clueless and will be found out sharpish.

I don’t think Lampard last the season. I genuinely think he’s pretty clueless and will be found out sharpish.
You see I disagree I think he's a bit tactically naive at times but he did adapt last season. I am not putting all of the blame on him for results while this board :s mismanagement carries on, we have seen over multiple managers this isnt just about the coach we need to get behind one for a period for me get a rebuild going, hiring and firing again won't take us forward while the foundations are built on sand.

A crisis is something important involving loss of life or livelihood ... like our government has excelled at creating multiple times.

We're just a sports club ... sorry ... cannon fodder brand for sky ... that's not doing as well as we want or should do.

You see I disagree I think he's a bit tactically naive at times but he did adapt last season. I am not putting all of the blame on him for results while this board :s mismanagement carries on, we have seen over multiple managers this isnt just about the coach we need to get behind one for a period for me get a rebuild going, hiring and firing again won't take us forward while the foundations are built on sand.
I just think he’s had a degree of luck. I don’t rate him as a manger. Lovely fella, gets us but a bit out of his depth.

It's just depressing knowing that we are basically back where we were at times in the 90s, it's going to take many years and a lot of luck to get back to being 'the best of the rest' and even if/when we get there it will basically just be back to the same as Moyes era which we all moaned about at the time lol

Last edited:

Serious answer... obviously not in a crisis after week 2, but we are in a lot more trouble than people are willing to admit right now and our recruitment this summer has been much worse than most of our fans have thought. Or maybe they just aren't willing to admit we've got it badly wrong again.

Serious answer... obviously not in a crisis after week 2, but we are in a lot more trouble than people are willing to admit right now and our recruitment this summer has been much worse than most of our fans have thought. Or maybe they just aren't willing to admit we've got it badly wrong again.
I think most of believe there are gong to be additions to the squad, midfielder/s and striker/s before the end of the transfer window and then we can guage if we are likely to be in trouble or not.

I do not think we are in crisis, yet. The defence seems more confident than last season, the midfield is getting sorted, if the target man/men can be brought in and integrated fairly quickly we will pick up points sooner rather than later. We all knew this team would need extentive work and I believe that under Frank and his backroom staff that has been, and still is being undertaken. Be patient, manure we are not, there is a club in crisis!

We were away from home today so what do you expect?

Our players are mentally weak, which is understandable given that we accrued just 6 points from Benitez’s last 3 months in charge last season.

Frankly unless they have 40,000 blues cheering their every move they simply can’t perform. I’m incredulous about the fact that I’m typing that, but it’s true.

Status
Not open for further replies.