Are Everton the only team to have faced......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko93

Player Valuation: £35m
Are Everton the only team to have faced every single team who have played a match in top flight football in this country? If so for this country, could it perhaps be in the world?

I posed a question on Twitter a few days back, and the answer seems to be that we have faced every team who has played football in the top flight, but, are we the only team? My initial thought was Arsenal, given the number of years on top flight, but they only managed to get into D1 in 1904, where Accrington had disbanded in 1896 after finishing in relegation.

Are Everton the only team to have faced every single team who have played a match in top flight football in this country? If so for this country, could it perhaps be in the world?

I posed a question on Twitter a few days back, and the answer seems to be that we have faced every team who has played football in the top flight, but, are we the only team? My initial thought was Arsenal, given the number of years on top flight, but they only managed to get into D1 in 1904, where Accrington had disbanded in 1896 after finishing in relegation.

What about Villa they haven't been away for much longer? Did the teams that came up during their recent stint away all play in the league beforehand or are still up now.

Glossop North End, had one season in 1899-1900 in the top flight.
I believe Arsenal we’re not promoted until 1904.

Glossop still exist as a team, so I guess the answer is yes.

What about Villa they haven't been away for much longer? Did the teams that came up during their recent stint away all play in the league beforehand or are still up now.

So, turns out that when Carlisle played their solitary season in the top flight, they were relegated, with Villa being promoted into their space, so have never played them at the top level. If Carlisle ever get promoted, then maybe they can equal us, but seems that Villa are pretty much the only team that could ever match us.

Still have nightmares

I had a trial at Carlisle 3 years later and turned up in my Everton top. I did get some ribbing about it but very good natured.
A defining episode of my Everton journey.
Each time I pass Carlisle heading north of the border on M6 I can't help glancing left to spot the floodlights, and reminisce of what could and should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.