Are we a one man team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting statistic - not one of the top 5 Premier League goal scorers in every season since '92 was bought for more than £65m by their Premier League club.

That suggests that we can take that money, go abroad, spend the spondaloodalies, and still get a good player.
I think we can manage to stay under £65M!

I think we need to evolve away from it when he goes. Until then, play to his strengths.
Well that's it. Of course.

It's a danger to leave yourself so overexposed to the danger of massive restructuring though. We needed a manager to have the foresight to bring in and blood a decent attacking player this season - bring in and out of the team in readiness for the overwhelmingly likely departure of Lukaku.

There's been no forward planning and we'll pay for that if/when Lukaku goes this summer.

Well that's it. Of course.

It's a danger to leave yourself so overexposed to the danger of massive restructuring though. We needed a manager to have the foresight to bring in and blood a decent attacking player this season - bring in and out of the team in readiness for the overwhelmingly likely departure of Lukaku.

There's been no forward planning and we'll pay for that if/when Lukaku goes this summer.

Bit harsh on the Forward Planing Front when even you're saying If/When.
Notwithstanding the fact that Koeman's only been here 10mths. It does makes it hard to forward plan, which is essentially a medium to long term thing - short term being Oh dear better do that right now, or your main man gives massive hints he's only going to play for you for 10 games then he's off.
Especially when you have to halt the decline, lay the foundations, then build on...and we've barely halted the decline.

I put it down to him doing his job in the team, I'd be more concerned if our star striker wasn't scoring a massive percentage of our goals. while he is in the team ronko will set up to play with him in the team, I'm sure when he's not, he will adapt accordingly.

He's scored 42% of our goals and had a key involvement in 53% of them.

No, of course we dont rely too heavily on him.

Stupid statistic. Let's take away 10 of his goals. We become a bottom half team. But according to you we are better and more well balanced because Lukaku now only has 20% of our goals.

Over the last 12 games we have watched Everton become the form side of the Premier League. We've watched 6 straight home wins with 22 goals for, 3 against, and watched about 8 or 9 different goal scorers for us in that time from all over the park. Your reaction to this is to come on the internet to moan about how unbalanced the team is. I don't know whether you are wum'ing or genuinely just are the most miserable man on the planet, but either way, get it together la.

Bit harsh on the Forward Planing Front when even you're saying If/When.
Notwithstanding the fact that Koeman's only been here 10mths. It does makes it hard to forward plan, which is essentially a medium to long term thing - short term being Oh dear better do that right now, or your main man gives massive hints he's only going to play for you for 10 games then he's off.
Especially when you have to halt the decline, lay the foundations, then build on...and we've barely halted the decline.
It's easy done mate: just buy a second striker or playmaker from the £82M you were handed this season.

Instead, he went out and bought another CM to go with the 6 we already had.

Can we have it in the form of a pie chart please David?? It's easier to analyse

pie-i-have-not-eaten-7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back