Are we at the stage where we consider a mass rebuild in the next 7 days or not? Stick or twist?

UltraVires

Player Valuation: £8m
I was just thinking to myself about the players that we all think are pretty much surplus to requirements or we may need to cash in on to improve the club overall. Below I have come up with a list of players, the fee we might be able to get at short notice and what we would save on wages if they left based on estimated wages found online:
  • Michael Keane: Fee £5m and est wages of £3,848,000
  • Mason Holgate: Fee £5m and est wages of £3,848,000
  • Abdoulaye Doucoure: Fee £15m and est wages of £6,240,000
  • Jarrad Branthwaite: Fee £60m and est wages of £2,080,000
  • Dominic Calvert Lewin: Fee £15m and est wages of £6,240,000
  • Neal Maupay: Fee £5m and est wages of £2,080,000
Total Transfer Fees: £105m

Total Wages saved this season: £24.336m

If you assume we may get a downpayment of 20% of the transfer fees (seems to be the going rate) that would be £21m in cash right now plus a saving of the committed wages of £24.336, making a total of £45.336m cash in the bank to spend before the deadline.

If we put 20% down like most teams seem to do that could mean that in the last week of the window, we could feasibly buy players for a combined fee of over £226m inc their wage commitments for the season.

Obviously, these are just basic numbers on the back of a cig packet sort of thing but I was asking myself the question of whether I think it would be worth having a mass sale this week (with the upheaval that brings in terms of our next few fixtures while they settle) just so that we can get the overall squad in a stronger position to try and give us some optimism going into the season as a whole.

Would you be happy with selling them all and would you trust Thelwell to spend that money on that many players in such a short space of time and get it right?

Why… WHY are people still putting £5m price tags on the heads of Michael Keane and Mason Holgate.
That’s fair, I just put it in a nominal fee these days which it is for a (without sounding like Dyche) a PL proven player and the same goes for Maupay who say what you will, has scored goals in the PL except at Everton.

I was just thinking to myself about the players that we all think are pretty much surplus to requirements or we may need to cash in on to improve the club overall. Below I have come up with a list of players, the fee we might be able to get at short notice and what we would save on wages if they left based on estimated wages found online:

If you assume we may get a downpayment of 20% of the transfer fees (seems to be the going rate) that would be £21m in cash right now plus a saving of the committed wages of £24.336, making a total of £45.336m cash in the bank to spend before the deadline.

If we put 20% down like most teams seem to do that could mean that in the last week of the window, we could feasibly buy players for a combined fee of over £226m inc their wage commitments for the season.

Obviously, these are just basic numbers on the back of a cig packet sort of thing but I was asking myself the question of whether I think it would be worth having a mass sale this week (with the upheaval that brings in terms of our next few fixtures while they settle) just so that we can get the overall squad in a stronger position to try and give us some optimism going into the season as a whole.

Would you be happy with selling them all and would you trust Thelwell to spend that money on that many players in such a short space of time and get it right?
Welcome to League 1.

There's absolutely no chance on earth that any major movement is going to happen in the club in the next week, regardless of the manager situation..
I don’t disagree mate, I’m just saying - if we had someone inside the club with the authority to make such a decision, would we be happy with such a churn in such a short space of time knowing we have to trust Thelwell to spend it wisely

…..3 things need to happen for a transfer to take place;

1) A club has to want to buy the player.
2) Everton have to agree to sell the player.
3) The player has got to agree to move.
I think all of those players are moveable in the next week. As some have said, my fees may have been generous in a few areas but I did also reduce Branthwaite down to £60m too when we have been asking for £70-75 previously.

I don’t disagree mate, I’m just saying - if we had someone inside the club with the authority to make such a decision, would we be happy with such a churn in such a short space of time knowing we have to trust Thelwell to spend it wisely

All of those players besides branthwaite I'd be fine with going, even if we brought in 30m combined for the lot of them.

Holgate, Keane, Maupay offer absolutely nothing.

DCL and Doucoure - limit our style of play hugely.

Could bring in 4 players with that amount given low initial up front payments.

Be no mass rebuild this season what is clear is that we need to have one in the next summer window with more players gone

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back