Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/08/02/boss-eyes-new-recruits

Boss Eyes New Recruits

“We are looking for that area [up front], the number 10 position, and I think we need a centre-half; the three areas are quite clear.

“I have been very impressed with some youngsters and I think they are ready to help the first team as well.”

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least he knows.

@davek @Tubey

tumblr_nd91voSZ8Z1sjbr2bo1_400.gif

I wanted him to come good so much. Just don't think it'll ever work out for him here, now. His confidence is utterly destroyed.

Still don't think he was that poor when he first signed, just with the injury and missing a few sitters it just never got going for him here.

From the sound of things, even Martinez has accepted it now.

Watching Kone live, he just strikes me as a player who has completely lost confidence in both his ability and his knee. I kept an eye on him today and his movement and I noticed a few times where he had either half jumped for the ball or half heatedly attempted a sprint and he just didn't look natural when doing it.

I'd like him to turn it around but unfortunately I don't think he can come back from where he is at the moment.

Watching Kone live, he just strikes me as a player who has completely lost confidence in both his ability and his knee. I kept an eye on him today and his movement and I noticed a few times where he had either half jumped for the ball or half heatedly attempted a sprint and he just didn't look natural when doing it.

I'd like him to turn it around but unfortunately I don't think he can come back from where he is at the moment.

Totally agree. He isn't the first and won't be the last to be engulfed in a lack of confidence and I fear Everton football club is just too big a club for him. It happens to certain players. You have to hit the ground running when there are question marks about your signing and pre injury he never looked up to it, snatching at any chances that came his way ( Blackburn pre season springs to mind when he was 8 yards out and instead of coolly slotting he absolutely smashed it like a 10 year old kid would against the bar )

I'd hoped his away goal against Newcastle would spark something in him but he was obviously still feeling the knee right up to the end of the season. He needed to hit the ground running this pre season, grab 2 or 3 goals just to instill a bit of confidence but if anything he has looked even worse. He actually looks like he's avoiding making runs so as not to receive the ball and create a chance for himself. If he can't hold the ball up we can't bring others into play and when that happens there's no one in the box to create any chances for.

Won't be easy shifting him off the wage bill though so I think we've got him here for another season and then he will leave on a free.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/08/02/boss-eyes-new-recruits

Boss Eyes New Recruits

“We are looking for that area [up front], the number 10 position, and I think we need a centre-half; the three areas are quite clear.

“I have been very impressed with some youngsters and I think they are ready to help the first team as well.”

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least he knows.

@davek @Tubey

tumblr_nd91voSZ8Z1sjbr2bo1_400.gif
Yes. good.

But time for talking is over. It's time for getting these targets with pen in hand and signing on the dotted line.

I took from that there will be no signings before the season starts and that we'll have to wait another 3-4 weeks.

Not good enough by half. I'm not blaming RM, I'm blaming this disgraceful board of directors and Kenwright in particular. They are not good enough for Everton...never have and never will be.

I think enough time has passed to admit that he's not good enough

Even more disturbing that we let Long go. We should have given him a new contract and promised that he'd be below only Lukaku in the striking pecking order

Now he's gone and Kone is the drizzling. I don't blame him for leaving either. Imagine being told you're behind Kone in the gaffers plans!

I think enough time has passed to admit that he's not good enough

Even more disturbing that we let Long go. We should have given him a new contract and promised that he'd be below only Lukaku in the striking pecking order

Now he's gone and Kone is the drizzling. I don't blame him for leaving either. Imagine being told you're behind Kone in the gaffers plans!
I'd release him and tell him to find another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back