Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
the balance of the midfield most definitely is an issue

I still think McCarthy / Barry is our best option in the middle ..... the outside mid involvement + Lukaku / Barkley's ability to retain the ball are the questions. Think Lennon has to play because he allows his fullback to get forward .... not sure who can play on other side. Mirallas looked interested first half today , but disappeared in second half

I still think McCarthy / Barry is our best option in the middle ..... the outside mid involvement + Lukaku / Barkley's ability to retain the ball are the questions. Think Lennon has to play because he allows his fullback to get forward .... not sure who can play on other side. Mirallas looked interested first half today , but disappeared in second half
if the manager insists on playing this style the balance is all wrong playing kone, lennon, macarthy and barry in the same team, barry/macarthy is like a slow death right now

What's our best line up ? I don't know..... I don't think the manager knows ! Injuries aside ....we've got questions in central defense / central midfield / wingers and we need an engaged / firing Barkley + Lukaku

the balance of the midfield most definitely is an issue

if the manager insists on playing this style the balance is all wrong playing kone, lennon, macarthy and barry in the same team, barry/macarthy is like a slow death right now

Jags I don't see ready or Coleman. At least with Funes Mori we also have our 2nd best striker on the park.

Basing it on all being fit / available .....TBH ....just want us to get to the Final but not very confident in the squad or the manager

What's our best line up ? I don't know..... I don't think the manager knows ! Injuries aside ....we've got questions in central defense / central midfield / wingers and we need an engaged / firing Barkley + Lukaku

I reckon Stones / Mori will be a fine partnership but need lots of time. Coleman. Baines and Oviedo not much difference at the minute but Bryan is so injury prone. On song I like Barry and Gibson with an attacking four of Lukaku, Barkley Lennon ... and... well there's the problem with the whole thing. Cleverley / Del / Kone / Osman ... Pienaar if fit and ready ... none of them have worked this year.

Left Winger please Santa.

I reckon Stones / Mori will be a fine partnership but need lots of time. Coleman. Baines and Oviedo not much difference at the minute but Bryan is so injury prone. On song I like Barry and Gibson with an attacking four of Lukaku, Barkley Lennon ... and... well there's the problem with the whole thing. Cleverley / Del / Kone / Osman ... Pienaar if fit and ready ... none of them have worked this year.

Left Winger please Santa.
the majority of the names you mention need replacing.

i fear Lennon will be used as a right back at Wembley mate in colemans and jags probable absence,Oviedo possibly could switch there but he was struggling too with a knock yesterday.

About the only bit of improvement today was Gibson

McCarthy being outperformed by Gibbo despite having a whole midfield system built around him at his last two clubs.

Sigh.

McCarthy has had about ten games on the bounce to stamp some authority on midfield and failed to do so, is he to be picked purely on familiarity?
He's one of the managers favourites and as an ex pie-eater all but guaranteed to back in the starting line-up on Wednesday.
Just a shame that Mo didn't seine the opportunity yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back