Arsenal's 'easy' fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought last night vs west ham was the best chance of arsenal dropping points. A fragile arsenal, derby, tired....

West ham were poo!! Hospefully Roberto is right and the joy of PL footy is nothing usually goes according to paper.

Think its gonna be very tough for us in reality. City is a very tough game, utd even given there troubles is a very hard game (especially as they have no pressure anymore) and Southampton are capable of taking points off anyone!!

Why do we have such faith in other teams but so little in our own. If we win tonight we're actually in a better position to get fourth than Liverpool are to get the title. People seem so confident that Arsenal/Liverpool/whoever will win all their games, but that we'll slip up against dross like United at home, all of this despute thr fact our home record is unbelieavable and we've won 7 on the bounce. Arsenal should have the fesr of god in them that they have to win every game to even stand a chance of catching us. Instead as a fan base we are worried about Arsenal winning all their games because we wont apparently - the exact thing the media want our players to think. Woth our form and home record this sghoulf almost be done and it will take a monumental Arsenal effort to get back in it - thats the line we shpuld be pedalling. As usual though we want the players to believe but we dont actually ourselves.

Why do we have such faith in other teams but so little in our own. If we win tonight we're actually in a better position to get fourth than Liverpool are to get the title. People seem so confident that Arsenal/Liverpool/whoever will win all their games, but that we'll slip up against dross like United at home, all of this despute thr fact our home record is unbelieavable and we've won 7 on the bounce. Arsenal should have the fesr of god in them that they have to win every game to even stand a chance of catching us. Instead as a fan base we are worried about Arsenal winning all their games because we wont apparently - the exact thing the media want our players to think. Woth our form and home record this sghoulf almost be done and it will take a monumental Arsenal effort to get back in it - thats the line we shpuld be pedalling. As usual though we want the players to believe but we dont actually ourselves.

I think it's just years of experiencing disappointment. This current crop have something special though...I think we win every game...

It's a tight as a nuns and will come down to a couple of points. TBH I've been ignoring media, this notation of easy games doesn't exist to the extent it did a few years back. This year for example I've struggled with W/L/D compared to the last god knows how many years. We've no pressure on us in any shape or form and it shows on this current run of winning games.

Ignoring the RS (they don't actually matter) it would be pretty amazing for the team if City somehow lost to Sunderland tonight
Forget about Arsenal behind us, would be brilliant to really chase 3rd

From a psychological point of view, do you think its better playing before Arsenal have played or after?

Arsenal play Hull before we play United this weekend, but our Southampton and City games are before their respective Newcastle and West Brom games.

Of course, our final games kick off at the same time.

Ignoring the RS (they don't actually matter) it would be pretty amazing for the team if City somehow lost to Sunderland tonight
Forget about Arsenal behind us, would be brilliant to really chase 3rd
They're actually ahead of us at present, and unless we do the business tonight it'll stay that way I fear.

They're actually ahead of us at present, and unless we do the business tonight it'll stay that way I fear.

Unless you think Palace are going to beat us at home then we will be ahead of them tomorrow. Another Sunderland could happen, it just probably wont. Theyve put the pressure on us, lets pile it back on Arsenal by winning. Rather than thinking 'an opportunity for Arsenal to drop points has gone' we should be saying (provided we beat palace) 'that's one game less you've got to try and catch us, go and win your next one and see if it gets you any closer'

In reality if we win tonight then draw with Man Utd, regardless of Arsenal's results we will more than likely be 4th with three games remaining.

Yep,it probably would keep us 4th on GD,but we aim to win games, not be 4th by GD,as martinez said himself i think,the pressure is on Arsenal as they have more to lose than us to gain in the race for 4th,martinez is good at this Reverse psychology lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back