Ashley coles influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellykins

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi all. I'm more of a reader than a poster but wanted some opinions/views on Ashley Cole and if you think his influence with the everton team has started to pay dividends, noticeably mykolenko. The lad had abit of a baptism of fire and I was at first a little unsure on if he would become a constant in the side ala baines/digne but I have to say he's growing on me and improving all the time an seems to be cementing that left back position. Can't say I was a fan of Cole and my eyebrows were certainly raised abit when I heard he was coming to everton as part of Frank's team but I have to give credit where it is due and say he was a great left back.

Do we think myko has just done it himself? Or is it being coached into him and that is also allowing his natural talent for the position come through.

Theres an Arsenal mate if mine who says he's the best left back of the modern era. Reckons Bobby Carlos is the only player that comes into the conversation. I wind him up about it but secretly find it hard to argue with him.

Seem to recall Vidic and Evra looking abysmal when they came to the prem, came good. Wouldn't be the first. But, yeah, having the two best PL left backs of recent times coaching him can't be bad.

He was arguably the most consistent footballer for the period he was at his peak, in the Premier League.

Myko looked awful when he first came, didn’t actually look like a footballer in a couple of games. You’d like to think having Baines and Cole to learn from would have helped him.

….I have no idea if Cole is making any difference to the squad, I doubt any of us have a clue. It’s a bit of a daft thread, perhaps he works on mentality more than technique.

Just because he was a LB, posters assume he’s working with our LBs but I imagine he’s working with the squad. I think Mykolenko has improved but that will be as much down to him settling as it is coaching.

Mykolenko has got a long way to go to be a top no3. He seems a really nice lad but I see failings at both ends of the pitch, i don’t rate him as highly as most on here. Cole has got plenty to do if he is working with him.

Last edited:

Put it this way, if he cannot learn from two of the very best left backs in the UK from the past 30 years, then he's got no chance in this league.

Just because he was a LB, posters assume he’s working with our LBs but I imagine he’s working with the squad.
In the extremely rare occasions people swerve the pub and arrive early, you clearly see in the warm up the defenders are away in a seperate group. That's Coles group. Clement will occasionally amble over, but it's Cole drilling them.

I think Mykolenko has improved but that will be as much down to him settling as it is coaching.
Agree. Any player coming into a new league takes time to settle. Particularly a younger player. Top that off with his home country being invaded 6 weeks later and looking doomed for a short while, I'll cut him some slack. He's improved, hopefully he can work on the offensive side of his game.
Mykolenko has got a long way to go to be a top no3. He seems a really nice lad but I see failings at both ends of the pitch, i don’t rate him as highly as most on here. Cole has got plenty to do if he is working with him.
Seems to play with a bit more freedom with the national side. See how it goes. He definitely looks a lot better than he did late March.

In the extremely rare occasions people swerve the pub and arrive early, you clearly see in the warm up the defenders are away in a seperate group. That's Coles group. Clement will occasionally amble over, but it's Cole drilling them.

Agree. Any player coming into a new league takes time to settle. Particularly a younger player. Top that off with his home country being invaded 6 weeks later and looking doomed for a short while, I'll cut him some slack. He's improved, hopefully he can work on the offensive side of his game.

Seems to play with a bit more freedom with the national side. See how it goes. He definitely looks a lot better than he did late March.

…interesting, genuine thanks BNJ.

Needs to work on that back four a bit. Great players don’t necessarily make great coaches, let’s hope Cole is but only time will tell.

Last edited:
An incredible left-back, career at the top like Frank, can hopefully install some professionalism and winning traits in the squad.
:Blink:(Winning traits we could do with though)

Hi all. I'm more of a reader than a poster but wanted some opinions/views on Ashley Cole and if you think his influence with the everton team has started to pay dividends, noticeably mykolenko. The lad had abit of a baptism of fire and I was at first a little unsure on if he would become a constant in the side ala baines/digne but I have to say he's growing on me and improving all the time an seems to be cementing that left back position. Can't say I was a fan of Cole and my eyebrows were certainly raised abit when I heard he was coming to everton as part of Frank's team but I have to give credit where it is due and say he was a great left back.

Do we think myko has just done it himself? Or is it being coached into him and that is also allowing his natural talent for the position come through.
Myko definitely has talent but having Cole there can only be a good thing. He was a quality LB and apparently in a natural talent as a coach too. The fact Myko went from a shaky start to a stand out performer must have a least something to do with the former World Class LB on the staff. Be very weird if not

Status
Not open for further replies.