2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galloway has regressed at an alarming rate, sunderland fans think he's league 2 standard at very most

the lad is totally out of his depth, can't play fullback let alone wingback. Send him back to Everton before we damage his career completely.

Grayson needs shot with [Poor language removed] if he keeps persisting with him, mind. I know we'll likely have Oviedo for Tuesday but I refuse to believe we don't have a kid in the youth set-up that can do a better job than Galloway when Oviedo's not available. I've seen nothing to suggest that this lad is professional footballer let alone a competent full back.

It genuinely looks like the lad has never played a game of football before in his life

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/galloway.1390537/

Sunderland fans disagree.

I'm still clinging to the fact that our loanees have generally been abused on here in the early days of their service. He looks [Poor language removed] mind, as does the other lad from Everton. Given where we are now what's the point of loaning inexperienced kids from premier league teams?

Sunderland fans disagree.
Really? His first few reports were pretty grim.

Again haven't read the latest one.

Also thought he looked pretty poor in a blye shirt in his limited appearances.

Surely if Kenny isn't getting game time then we aren't likely to see Browning unless he does/continues to improve drastically

I'm still clinging to the fact that our loanees have generally been abused on here in the early days of their service. He looks [Poor language removed] mind, as does the other lad from Everton. Given where we are now what's the point of loaning inexperienced kids from premier league teams?

Haven't check that forum recently but whenever I did they were raving about him, so dunno mert.

Williams' attempts at getting physical with Kane were pathetic.

He's gone from appearing to be the consummate professional at Swansea, to showing up for pre-season training with a stupid David Haye haircut and his Ravanelli hanging over his shorts.

It's alarming how many of these players bring back memories of the truly awful late '90s/early '00s clowns. Williams has morphed into Craig Short.

When he was bought in July last year, I thought he would be a decent signing. He had an average season last year. Unfortunately he has started this season even worse. He looks flat footed, rarely wins anything in the air, and his distribution Is embarrassing.

For a big muscular guy, he should pose a threat at set pieces (he doesn't, and has only done so once against Arsenal) be dominant in aerial battles (he isn't) and be able to at least stop the centre forward from turning/rolling him.

Kane was simply far too strong for him yesterday, and Williams resorted to almost physically assaulting him to prevent him turning.

It's been said by many on this forum, but he needs dropping and replacing by Holgate to see if him and Keane can form a new partnership. Holgate is better than Funes-Mori and quicker, more agile and as equally good in the air as both Williams and Jagielka.

While we are on the subject of giving youth a chance, time for Kenny to be given a shot at right back and DCL as a centre forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back