• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• James Garner '26

• Jake O'Brien '64

• Orel Mangala '64

• Beto '81

• Lindstrom '81

Results are only viewable after voting.
I almost feel bad for him sometimes, because for most of the time he's not actually doing anything wrong, it's just that his presence alone clearly puts the fear into the rest of the team.

He's capable of having a good game even, but even when he does there's always the feeling that we're going to lose. His total lack of aggression is his undoing really.
He's continually doing things wrong. When Branthewaite plays him and Branthewaite are always tight together and we have a back line that moves forward and back in unison. Through Keane in there and it becomes a jagged line all the time because Keane is always struggling to keep position because of his lack of pace. Even if he won all of his headers and tackles and had 100% ball retention the fact his positioning is so bad would still result in us conceding lots of chances every game, the fact he also misses tackles and headers and give ball away is just an additional nightmare. No team can function with a defense as bad as our when Keane is in it.

He's continually doing things wrong. When Branthewaite plays him and Branthewaite are always tight together and we have a back line that moves forward and back in unison. Through Keane in there and it becomes a jagged line all the time because Keane is always struggling to keep position because of his lack of pace. Even if he won all of his headers and tackles and had 100% ball retention the fact his positioning is so bad would still result in us conceding lots of chances every game, the fact he also misses tackles and headers and give ball away is just an additional nightmare. No team can function with a defense as bad as our when Keane is in it.

branthe or braith? 🤔

Agree but it's also alarming how easy it was for the Villa to pass straight through the lines to players camping around our CBs. They should have scored more.
And it's been that way since the start. It's been way to easy.
Last season Tarks Branthwaite Garner and Gana had the lines and available passing angles much tighter.
I've been arguing since the start the midfield should be Garner Gana as CMs and Tim playing the Doucs role. It's a big step up in attacking skill and I'd argue Tim would also be better defensively than Doucs from that position, better than Ndiaye and MCNeil as well..
Garner may not be all that but he reads the game well from the middle and wins a lot of ball.
Ndiaye should play on McNeils wing and McNeil, Lindstrom, Harrison etc should fight it out for the right position.
just think garner is different and would sit it as the others seem to chase the ball more. Has a big call for me now think i would prob drop tim for the leicester game for garner keep the same midfield. The well ofc have the problem of the defence and well rb who is even fit coleman/ young cant see patterson back then hope that branthwaite is fit

just think garner is different and would sit it as the others seem to chase the ball more. Has a big call for me now think i would prob drop tim for the leicester game for garner keep the same midfield. The well ofc have the problem of the defence and well rb who is even fit coleman/ young cant see patterson back then hope that branthwaite is fit
I don't think we can assess the midfield until they play without Michael Keane behind them.

I don't think we can assess the midfield until they play without Michael Keane behind them.
Just feel too similar gana tim dont really sit in the space and go after the ball. Not even saying garner should be the long term option, just feel might help to protect us more in midfiled also 100% agree on keane just dont kno when he will be taken out of the team

1000029525.webp

It's all about chances, our problem is we don't take ours. Since Lukaku left we simply don't take our chances. DCL is hugely overrated, he should of easily scored 2nd chance. What type of moron, hits it high,when he could of just blasted it on floor it would of gone through keeper.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back