Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue to the bone

Player Valuation: £70m
It's a grand old team to play for .. Saturday can't come soon enough after last night . Goodison was electric. I was never as excited for 379 seconds in my life before as my ex wife can testify to . So it's on to villa Park as we sit in joint first position(or 4th for the pessimists)
Burnley was a strange game. A poor opening half . A goal behind and then 3 in 6 minutes including an absolute worldy from Andros and another from the bargain buy of the the summer in Demari Gray.
Villa will be tough . They played well against Chelsea but poor finishing and terrible defending cost them. They sold their crown jewel but have players like ings, Watkins and Bailey who can hurt us.
Our line up won't change much but hopefully we won't see a back 5. Dcl misses out and will be missed . Richy isn't as effective as a 9 in this set up even if he was kicked everywhere.
We go here high on confidence and will be hard to beat . A point would not be a disaster though.
So come you blue boys . Let's stay in the mix.
Utft

If no fitness issues Gomes for Keane 4-3-3. James replaces Gordon on the bench. This will be a tough game the first real test of how far we have come. Love a win but would probably accept a draw if offered.

Very difficult game at Villa. Watching Chelsea tonight (and Zenit) was a lesson in how far our squad has fallen in quality compared with the top 4. Not down about it as everybody knows how badly we have declined as a club in comparison with the top clubs. Mid table outfit is what we are, and will be until major player changes can be made to repair the damage of the past years. I will take a draw gladly at this moment.

Cant see Rondon starting considering he'll play 90 minutes against QPR midweek but I would go

Pickford

Coleman Godfrey Mina Digne

Townsend Allan Doucoure Gray

Rondon Richarlison

Give Rondon 70 mins then take him off for Iwobi and push Richy further forward with Iwobi in behind.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.