Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Coleman Mina Godfrey Digne
Allan Gomes
Townsend Doucoure Gray
Richarlison

Begovic Holgate Keane Davies Gbamin Iwobi Gordon James Rondon

1-0 to the Blues

After reading the comments I had to double check the fixtures to make sure we weren’t playing Athletico Madrid.
We should be confident we can beat Villa, not saying we’ll settle for a draw...until this inferiority complex and losers mentality is shifted throughout the Club we simply won’t move forwards.
It’s like the Leeds game in my opinion we played that game to win, both teams played well for spells and in the end a draw was a fair result and an away draw at a mid table team is probably acceptable in the long run.

Away at Villa could be a good point come end of season too but there are people bricking it on here saying we’d be lucky to draw! We have a better first eleven than Villa and are in better form… we will be aiming for all 3 points!

win this and we are going to do what the mighty Everton of the 80s did...we're gonna win the league!

but I think Villa will be too up for this at home 2-1 to them

Very tough game this, will do well to get a draw.

I seen Villa play Chelsea and we’re very unlucky to lose
Chelsea weren't taking them seriously. They still ran out very handy winners though.

Villa away will be a test of sorts, I agree. But Villa aren't exactly top notch. If we'd had DCL to bring back in I'd predict a win. As it is we'll probably draw.

I wasn't impressed with Villa last season when they were getting some praise. They are a dullard team with a dullard manager.

It's a good stage of the season to be playing them, lots of new faces and a team still settling down to a far greater degree than we are I think.

I think for where we are, we can't really "expect" three points there, if that becomes the case in seasons to come, we will have done very well.

We are well capable of it on the day though.

First goal crucial again - it's asking an awful lot to mount another comeback, particularly away. We do look vulnerable defensively.

I would be satisfied if not happy with a point, depending on the circumstances of how the game unfolds.

1-1.

If you'd have asked me before Monday night, I'd have said the team we started with against Burnley was the kind of set up I think we should go for here given we are away against a fast team with strikers with decent pedigree.

However, I am not sure you can really change the team that much following the second half performance. With that being said, I do think Godfrey and Mina are better suited to this game than any combination that includes Keane or Holgate.

I expect Benitez to try to and play a bit of a cagey game for the first 60 minutes again and we use the pace of Gray/Townsend/Richy on the counter and we may go for it later on in the game throwing Rondon and Iwobi on to give us fresh legs and options.

It will be interesting to see if Buendia and Martinez are back in after the quarantine situation. I haven't checked their team news or anything so not sure on that. I imagine they are back as it feels like enough time has passed now but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.