Away End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
Got my ticket really late for yesterdays game, An i was sitting in the upper part of the away end. Iv sat here before against derby Co about 6 years ago. I think joe-max moore scored an we won 1-0.

Thing is we take a lot of stick from away fans about are away end, But the view was'nt that bad. Granted there was a big dirty post in the way so could'nt see a bit of the pitch. But was'nt that bad.

Saying this thou, iv been to most grounds in the top few leagues an we are way behind most teams. Even the likes of Derby,s'hampton,wolves,fulham an plenty others in way of facilities an view's from seats.

Well there you have it iv just totaly contradicted myself, so take no notice of me. Has anyone els ever sat in our away end?? an what did you think??

Got my ticket really late for yesterdays game, An i was sitting in the upper part of the away end. Iv sat here before against derby Co about 6 years ago. I think joe-max moore scored an we won 1-0.

Thing is we take a lot of stick from away fans about are away end, But the view was'nt that bad. Granted there was a big dirty post in the way so could'nt see a bit of the pitch. But was'nt that bad.

Saying this thou, iv been to most grounds in the top few leagues an we are way behind most teams. Even the likes of Derby,s'hampton,wolves,fulham an plenty others in way of facilities an view's from seats.

Well there you have it iv just totaly contradicted myself, so take no notice of me. Has anyone els ever sat in our away end?? an what did you think??

Once and once only, all those people in blue, I [Poor language removed] myself:lol::lol::lol:

It was OK actually, like most spots round the ground there's good and bad, it just felt strange seeing the game from that angle (it was Leicester City so the traveling fans just stuffed themselves with crisps)

No i have sat one seat away so on the other side of the fencing up in the upper bullens v aston villa about 10 years ago, it was when we bought our season ticket late and they had already sold our seat for the first few games.

I sat in the Upper Bullens in the away bit to watch Boro go down 1-0. The worst bit was having the Park End throwing abuse at the fans just below us all game, very off putting to see Evertonians seemingly flicking you the v's for 90 minutes :D

Apart from that, it was a decent enough view. Great view of the Park End goalmouth, not so good in the middle of the pitch because of the post, but there were spare seats about so we just moved. Nothing wrong with them seats.

Sat in the Upper Bullens visitors section for the Fulham Match to see Yakubu's hat-trick after (get this) I'd left my tickets on the kitchen table at home in Oxfordshire.

Got to the ground, searched my pockets - no tickets. My 10 year old just looked at the heavens with a weary look on his face. Queued at the Park End Box Office for 40 minutes (They're so slow. Why?). Missed the kick off, pouring rain. Get to the head of the queue and the guy says to me "We're opening up the Upper tier of the visitors section. Do you want to sit there?"

Our view was fine and the Fulham fans were very quiet. No complaints about the view but the ticket office were dreadfully slow.

Here are two long lost memories. The last time I sat there, we played Leicester City and won 7-1. It must have been late sixties, Gerry Humphries got 2 goals I think and Jimmy Husband at least one. Before that, I watched a game from there when we played Ipswich on a muddy pitch. Bally missed a penalty and the ref missed a blatant handball for Ipswich's goal - the crowd went wild. Anyone else at those matches?

Sat in the Upper Bullens visitors section for the Fulham Match to see Yakubu's hat-trick after (get this) I'd left my tickets on the kitchen table at home in Oxfordshire.

Got to the ground, searched my pockets - no tickets. My 10 year old just looked at the heavens with a weary look on his face. Queued at the Park End Box Office for 40 minutes (They're so slow. Why?). Missed the kick off, pouring rain. Get to the head of the queue and the guy says to me "We're opening up the Upper tier of the visitors section. Do you want to sit there?"

Our view was fine and the Fulham fans were very quiet. No complaints about the view but the ticket office were dreadfully slow.

Here are two long lost memories. The last time I sat there, we played Leicester City and won 7-1. It must have been late sixties, Gerry Humphries got 2 goals I think and Jimmy Husband at least one. Before that, I watched a game from there when we played Ipswich on a muddy pitch. Bally missed a penalty and the ref missed a blatant handball for Ipswich's goal - the crowd went wild. Anyone else at those matches?

I have vague recollections of the Ball penalty miss. I think the Leicester match was 1967/68, great win great hangover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back