Away fans in the new park end

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooperman

Player Valuation: £10m
Anyone remember the season when they opened the new park end, they put a barrier down the centre of it? Did they plan to put away fans in the new stand? Pretty sure it didn't last the full season as I'm sure it wasn't there towards the end of that season.

yes, i remember there being a barrier down the middle when it first opened, dont think away fans were ever in there though so im not sure what it was there for.

There was a barrier, with there being a Park End East and Park End West. I don't think there were any plans to have away fans there. They never went ahead with such an idea if they did.

Anyone remember the season when they opened the new park end, they put a barrier down the centre of it? Did they plan to put away fans in the new stand? Pretty sure it didn't last the full season as I'm sure it wasn't there towards the end of that season.

Yeah I had a ticket there in the first game it opened against Villa and was in the 'Park End West'. Was always all home fans though. I suspect they may have done it as a contingency measure so away fans could be accomodated in the future if gates remained low (they were often sub 20k in the early 90s). However our gates actually picked up that season so was never needed.

They were going to have it half an half but changed their minds before any games were played. I seem remember seeing a picture with a divide.

It would have been interesting to try it out before we move.

I said this exact same thing to my arl fella a few years ago but like everyone else in this thread he reckons I´m wrong. I was only 5 at the time so easily done I guess.

I just remember looking along the stand and seeing the away fans celebrating all the time. Classic first memory of Everton, watching the other team celebrate. Some things never change.

I said this exact same thing to my arl fella a few years ago but like everyone else in this thread he reckons I´m wrong. I was only 5 at the time so easily done I guess.

I just remember looking along the stand and seeing the away fans celebrating all the time. Classic first memory of Everton, watching the other team celebrate. Some things never change.

Was there not a few away fans in the park end due to hospitality seats being available there remember a few Man Ure fans from Newport being there early 2000,s

I had a season ticket in there that first season and was told the “other side of the the divide” was only going to be used as an overflow for away fans against Man U and in the derby.

I had a season ticket in there that first season and was told the “other side of the the divide” was only going to be used as an overflow for away fans against Man U and in the derby.
Did it last the whole season? I was near where it was when we played Wimbledon (truly awful game) and I'm sure it had been removed. Think that was just before the cup final

I watched the 2-0 Merseyside derby win last night and noticed the barrier down the middle of the Park End. That was in November 1994, so just a few months after it opened.

Both sides of the divide were Everton fans though.

Did it last the whole season? I was near where it was when we played Wimbledon (truly awful game) and I'm sure it had been removed. Think that was just before the cup final
It stayed for that season and removed the barrier when the put that “captains table lounge” in.
Our seats where actually right next to the barrier but we were moved because of the lounge, mega disappointing because it was cracking view.

Status
Not open for further replies.