Away wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I'm pretty sure that we'll snatch one jammy away win somewhere down the line. No doubt the club try to spin it as a massively important turning point rather then the painfully obvious fluke that it will be.

I can rember I'm the 1970;s we went to Maine road with an awful away win record - won easily got back Kopite in the local pub were flabbergasted we had won on the road - DavidLawson had just joined us .......
He was spellbound by that super away win as we were......

...nice story, I didn’t know he was from Salford. Mick Buckley, sadly no longer with us.
Yes mate, very sad. Mick passed away back in 2013.
Very neat player who the Catt saw as the long term replacement for King Colin in the midfield.

On the evidence of what we've seen from our games away from Goodison this season, is it conceivable that we could go the entire season without an away win ?

It's happened once before, back in the 1959/60 season.

Southampton away in a fortnight.

Leicester stuff them 9-0.

Leicester are the benchmark for us right now.

Got to win that one.

We might win 1 or 2 well catch a team on an off day and well get a bit of luck.

Today was just a typical away performance for us.

We loose most are away games, win most our home games and finish mid table.

Were in trouble if our hone form dips

You need to be able to defend properly to win away from home. We have no shape whatsoever.

We leave ourselves wide open to the counter by pushing forwards, but still get no bodies into the opposition box.

Tactically Silva is the poorest I've seen. His away record backs up what we are seeing too.

The tragedy is the league is average in the main this year. If we actually got ourselves together We'd be competitive but of course Everton have to be even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.