Away wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to be able to defend properly to win away from home. We have no shape whatsoever.

We leave ourselves wide open to the counter by pushing forwards, but still get no bodies into the opposition box.

Tactically Silva is the poorest I've seen. His away record backs up what we are seeing too.
Rafael would have us up there in the top ten at least right now. And I'm no fan of Rafael.

On the evidence of what we've seen from our games away from Goodison this season, is it conceivable that we could go the entire season without an away win ?

It's happened once before, back in the 1959/60 season.

I was too busy at work in 59/60 providing for 4 children. I remember it but now I'm retired I'd like to take in the full horror of a winless away season.

...ha, ha, I always remember that away drought for some reason. For one moment I feel like @Dario Terracotta!!

I actually think we’ll win away soon. There are parts of our game that are decent and we do have some quality. My concern is we’re not an efficient defensive unit when we lose possession.

I haven’t watched a replay of the 3rd Brighton goal, but I think Sidebe was possibly one of our furthest players forward. There was a void I think Gomes tried to fill but it doesn’t appear to be organised with somebody automatically filling in when a defender attacks.
I know it's just so frustrating Eggs,the three points were there for us at 2-1 and although we weren't fantastic I feel we would have deserved the win, however after the "penalty"I just wish I'd gone out and bet my life savings on a Brighton winner such was my sense of foreboding and I would think I wasn't alone with those thoughts!!

And occasionally gets relegated too.

It's a no from me.
Newcastle are a basket case. He also got them top ten with a championship squad. Won a EC with a barely decent Liverpool team. I do think that kind of coach is a kind of relic of the past in a way. But a few seasons of solid would probably do us good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.