Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads when this and the Mata deal collapse don't cry to hard
a0G0k_s-200x150.gif

For all the buzz and excitement that Moshiri and Koeman have brought let's have a look at who we've signed.

A keeper from Fulham.

That's it.

Forgive me for not getting carried away with excitement.

Everton always always take there time. Koeman took ages, have faith and wait for the signings!

Just for me he is bigger, personally, I'd be gutted if witsel didn't happen rather than disappointed if we didn't sign Mata.

If we get both I'd be in hard on land.
Why though? Mata was the best player in the league a few seasons ago. Witsel is relatively unproven.

In fairness they are bigger clubs than us.

I would say more recently successful. Using the term bigger when talking about football teams is too open to opinion.

Players will judge chance of success, which unfortunately in recent times has come with financial backing. Though these days, I think wages trump success with most footballers. Lukaku's comment of his agent deciding where he plays next being a prime example.

The Chelsea link to Witsel feels like agents trying to push the price up, guessing we have tabled the best offer and they are chancing for more. Placing my trust in the Esk, really grateful for the snippets of info as without them I'd be reaching for the bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back