AZ Alkmaar v Everton - UEFA Cup - Thursday 20th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team we have put out is the best team of the squad that travelled. Its a strong squad, and i wouldnt really mind even if we played that team in teh premiership. A win tonight with this team.

Ok,

But this is a free game where we can test some youngsters. Just don't see the point in playing Carsley in this game, and I don't see the point in playing McFadden on the wing. Especially when we have players good enough to travel.

Kissock has travelled and he isn't in the squad to play, just bizarre that this kid who is being touted as a 3m target for City, isn't involved in a chance to show us what he can do.

Really disappointed in this, and Moyes's clear lack of adventure.

I really like this starting lineup.

What do you like about?

McFadden's marauding cockup's down the wing?
Hibberts long ball coming into play?

The fact that we are not going to learn a [Poor language removed] thing from this game.

Arsenal play their kids whenever they feel it is safe to do so, we don't and I think its about time we did, now we have the chance to do so.

Nice to see that Kissock isn't involved. What an opportunity missed. I think this is Moyes' one weakness, and that is taking chances. But there is no chance to take, there is nothing riding on this game.

That team he has picked is not going to teach us a [Poor language removed] thing. Why not play Boyle instead of Valente, why not just give Carsley a rest and play Gravesen instead of him, and Kissock instead of McFadden.

I mean McFadden is woeful upfront, but he's even worse on the wing.

What an opportunity missed, disappointed.

He's put Rodwell on the bench, but I bet he never gets on.

Disappointed.
I was kind of also hoping he'd put out at least one youngster, but I dont mind what hes done. First things first, get a win or draw - if the games going well he can always throw on a youngster or two with no risk.

kissock isnt what everyone thinks, dont be fooled by a cruyff turn in the reserves ffs.

COYBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter what the score is. This is a chance missed.

Were all talking about a busy schedule coming up, so rest some more players. It would have done no harm to give Lescott a break, and Carsley.

And McFadden doesn't deserve his chance, especially on the wing, that is just shoe horning a player in. In the same way Sven used to do it.

That players WHO WILL ACTUALY CONTRIBUTE AT SOME POINT during this campaign are getting a run out after being buried on the bench.

Rodwell, Kissock, Boyle?

Unless Moyes really really thought one of them was on the cusp of breaking into the first team, then on the bench with them. They can continue getting their education in the reserves.

But starting some youngsters in this match for the sake of "seeing how they do" is a waste of time here. Moyes, quite rightly, would like to see our unbeaten run continue and he's put a squad out there that has a very real chance of continuing that run.

kissock isnt what everyone thinks, dont be fooled by a cruyff turn in the reserves ffs.

COYBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well from the games I have seen him in, he looks ten times the player McFadden is. He has balance, he can pass, cross, his decision making is quality.

One step backwards tonight.

Well from the games I have seen him in, he looks ten times the player McFadden is. He has balance, he can pass, cross, his decision making is quality.

*awaits bid in excess of 5M for the player who's "ten times the player McFadden is." :dodgy:

That players WHO WILL ACTUALY CONTRIBUTE AT SOME POINT during this campaign are getting a run out after being buried on the bench.

Rodwell, Kissock, Boyle?

Unless Moyes really really thought one of them was on the cusp of breaking into the first team, then on the bench with them. They can continue getting their education in the reserves.

But starting some youngsters in this match for the sake of "seeing how they do" is a waste of time here. Moyes, quite rightly, would like to see our unbeaten run continue and he's put a squad out there that has a very real chance of continuing that run.

Yeah true mate, your spot on there. Sorry for the sarcasm, but Arsenal play their youngsters for one reason only. To give them experience of playing in a first team competitive match. And your going to see that benefiting Arsenal in the future. What do we do? We play our upcoming kids once in a friendly when we have to split the squad into two.

That's it.

If they are good enough for the bench, they are good enough to play.

Yeah true mate, your spot on there. Sorry for the sarcasm, but Arsenal play their youngsters for one reason only. To give them experience of playing in a first team competitive match. And your going to see that benefiting Arsenal in the future. What do we do? We play our upcoming kids once in a friendly when we have to split the squad into two.

That's it.

If they are good enough for the bench, they are good enough to play.

I've read it all now.

Our reserves compared with Arsenal's reserves.

Sorry but we don't have the luxury.

*awaits bid in excess of 5M for the player who's "ten times the player McFadden is." :dodgy:

McFadden is [Poor language removed]. And only shines once in a blue moon. I don't care what people say about him.

I hope he proves me wrong tonight, and I will gladly put my hand up.

I just think we had a chance tonight to throw caution to the wind and we have missed it. Not going to get another game like this where the result don't matter.

Manager knows best, he gets his info from the coaches who watch him every day and Moyes will watch him every day.

Not from the a few games here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back