BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contractual obligations to nike? We had none - our contract was and has always been with kitbag who outsourced it to nike. We owe nike sod all. They couldn't even give us a proper unique kit, just a basic template with he crest sewn on.

My friend works at umbro in Manchester, he has told me they are struggling to get the badge right, they picture might be from one of the samples. It's not easy to replicate though, I'm told (I don't like it either) and might need to be an iron on patch, rather then sewn into the kit.

Contractual obligations to nike? We had none - our contract was and has always been with kitbag who outsourced it to nike. We owe nike sod all. They couldn't even give us a proper unique kit, just a basic template with he crest sewn on.

My friend works at umbro in Manchester, he has told me they are struggling to get the badge right, they picture might be from one of the samples. It's not easy to replicate though, I'm told (I don't like it either) and might need to be an iron on patch, rather then sewn into the kit.
Surely the point of changing the badge was for things like this to be easier? Oh well.

Can't wait to see the shirt personally.

Bigger whips will sort it. Children these days are bloody useless.

Not doubting you with regards the ability to recreate the badge in embroidered form, but we live in 2014 and you can pretty much embroider anything with a machine these days - this just seems a bit of a lame reason, even if it is true ! Just saying like !

Surely the point of changing the badge was for things like this to be easier? Oh well.

Can't wait to see the shirt personally.

The badge is the brand, not for the sake of how easy or difficult the kit is to make. The badge represents the whole football club, that's why it was changed, as the previous/current badge didn't do its job.

Not doubting you with regards the ability to recreate the badge in embroidered form, but we live in 2014 and you can pretty much embroider anything with a machine these days - this just seems a bit of a lame reason, even if it is true ! Just saying like !

I know mate.

I think it's the sizing of the badge, there's too much to fit into a fairly small shield. Typically, it's not been very well designed.

Trust umbro to sort something out though. They make the best kits around at the moment.

The badge is the brand, not for the sake of how easy or difficult the kit is to make. The badge represents the whole football club, that's why it was changed, as the previous/current badge didn't do its job.
Surely the old badge represented the whole football club? Anyway, I just seem to remember one of the reasons quoted as to why it was changed in the first place, being easier replication.

Either way, that's another debate. I have high hopes for this shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back