Baines out

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thread: Baines out

**swings thru** hey bozo leave mr moyes alone, have some of my new web forumla CAPOW!!! **swings out**"

Neg repped because of my comment casting a horrid reflection on our EX. A bit much when one cannot even express a personal opinion in the forum without some charalatan who is clearly intellectually challenged does this instead of an honest reply as to why that charlatan disagrees and is obviously having a love in with our EX.

I did promise Groucho that I would restrain myself from idiots like this but clearly one has to ask why are the mods allowing these insulting comments to be posted.

Wow. Amazing. Someone can't spell formula.

The commentator on the United game today reckoned that they want Coentrao for £12m. He's only made 4 league starts for Real, so they could well let him go, and he's only 25. They'd be mad to spend £15m+ on a 29 year old when they could get a player yet to reach his prime for less. And if Baines doesn't go to Man U I don't think that there are any other suitors.

is he any good? people rave about him but surely Real would wanna keep him if he had anything about him?

is he any good? people rave about him but surely Real would wanna keep him if he had anything about him?

He plays the same position as Marcelo who, I believe, is their vice-captain. He was converted to left back from being a winger and is very good going forward. If he fulfills his potential he will be a top player.

"Thread: Baines out

**swings thru** hey bozo leave mr moyes alone, have some of my new web forumla CAPOW!!! **swings out**"

Neg repped because of my comment casting a horrid reflection on our EX. A bit much when one cannot even express a personal opinion in the forum without some charalatan who is clearly intellectually challenged does this instead of an honest reply as to why that charlatan disagrees and is obviously having a love in with our EX.

I did promise Groucho that I would restrain myself from idiots like this but clearly one has to ask why are the mods allowing these insulting comments to be posted.

That is Sniderman mate and its the first time I've seen him use caps. You must have touched a real nerve with him.

I reckon the interest Moyes had in bringing Baines to Utd will have probably worn off now, he obviously knows he's a class player but I'm not sure he would have the bottle to risk spending anywhere close to £18m on him and potentially have another Everton player who doesn't perform straight away (and with Baines being injured this season there's every chance he wouldn't).

I don't think that's a bad thing though, Baines might not have had the best season so far and Oviedo has shown he can fit in and play just as well, if not better, but to compete with the top top teams in the league you need that kind of squad depth in every area. If Baines doesn't want to sign a new contract then yes we should be looking to sell while we can get decent money for him but our priority should be getting him on a new contract.

I reckon the interest Moyes had in bringing Baines to Utd will have probably worn off now, he obviously knows he's a class player but I'm not sure he would have the bottle to risk spending anywhere close to £18m on him and potentially have another Everton player who doesn't perform straight away (and with Baines being injured this season there's every chance he wouldn't).

I don't think that's a bad thing though, Baines might not have had the best season so far and Oviedo has shown he can fit in and play just as well, if not better, but to compete with the top top teams in the league you need that kind of squad depth in every area. If Baines doesn't want to sign a new contract then yes we should be looking to sell while we can get decent money for him but our priority should be getting him on a new contract.

Totally agree with the first paragraph, I also think Baines would have to look at it in the sense he'd be displacing a fans favourite in Evra. If he didn't hit the ground running then he'd receive a torrent of abuse he could probably do without.

I also think Baines form/injury in the first half of the season won't have done much to the chances of this deal happening.

Moyes has shown himself to be worried about what the United fans think on a couple of occasions in post-match interviews. I don't think he'll have the brass balls to go for another Everton player after Fellaini has been so widely derided. Not unless that player is Barkley. And he would laugh in his face.

Speaking exclusively to evertontv, the Blues boss said: "Leighton Baines was just a back spasm and he is recovering as we expected, so I don't think he's going to be too far from being able to train. I would say Leighton will be back in training on Thursday.

"We'll then have to assess him. Remember back spasms can be cleared completely or they can leave you a little bit with a lack of mobility.

"Any player needs to be 100 per cent to be able to play and to be considered to play, so we'll assess Leighton on Thursday, see how he is and take it from there.

Last edited:

Speaking exclusively to evertontv, the Blues boss said: "Leighton Baines was just a back spasm and he is recovering as we expected, so I don't think he's going to be too far from being able to train. I would say Leighton will be back in training on Thursday.

"We'll then have to assess him. Remember back spasms can be cleared completely or they can leave you a little bit with a lack of mobility.

"Any player needs to be 100 per cent to be able to play and to be considered to play, so we'll assess Leighton on Thursday, see how he is and take it from there.

it probably is this, but... its just the sort of injury you would come up if you wanted a reason not to put him in the squad cos he was being sold :lol:

it probably is this, but... its just the sort of injury you would come up if you wanted a reason not to put him in the squad cos he was being sold :lol:

This. Such that if we know he's definitely staying we can say the back spasm was cleared straight away, or if we're still unsure he's staying "oh the back spasm is still leaving him with a lack of mobility".

Or am I just being very, very cynical?

This. Such that if we know he's definitely staying we can say the back spasm was cleared straight away, or if we're still unsure he's staying "oh the back spasm is still leaving him with a lack of mobility".

Or am I just being very, very cynical?

we are being cynical, but it could be true

basically we are guessing as per usual!

IMO there is no chance he'll offer anything like 15m for Baines when he could get Shaw for around the same price/a bit more.

Not that Shaw is a patch on Baines, but he has the potential to be a really good player.

The question is, will Moyes panic buy in an attempt to drag them into the CL? If so, it won't be Shaw he's after. That said, Evra is still easily (he's been good this year too) good enough to be playing week in week out until end of the season, when it is expected he'll go back to France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back