Baines out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like him to stay however if he wants to go we have a quality replacement and why keep an unhappy player could effect other players(not saying Baines is unhappy) but 15 mill + then would consider letting him go

with the signing of Robertson today (a left back) does that mean this transfer of Baines is on?

What signing? Nothing's been confirmed, and Dundee have denied they'd accept what we're supposedly offering.

Regardless, it says as much about Baines' future as Stones having one good game says about Jags' future. If we were purely trying to patch up to sell Baines, it wouldn't be with a teenager (however promising) with no Premier League experience.

What signing? Nothing's been confirmed, and Dundee have denied they'd accept what we're supposedly offering.

Regardless, it says as much about Baines' future as Stones having one good game says about Jags' future. If we were purely trying to patch up to sell Baines, it wouldn't be with a teenager (however promising) with no Premier League experience.

What a huge massive surprise eh

What a huge massive surprise eh

To be fair, the papers could be chatting about whatever they like while Dundee finalise their move for Messi and we look to move Lukaku into a full-time coaching role. I'd not put an awful lot of stock in what they say about our finances during the Silly Season.

is the dailyrecord.co.uk not a reputable site then?

No idea personally, but all they're saying is "EVERTON hope to sign Dundee United starlet Andrew Robertson this month after Roberto Martinez made his move for the highly-rated full-back." We could have signed McGeady 4 or 5 times in the period that similar things have been said about him.

If it comes down to it, would we give Baines the option to sign a new contract in the summer, knowing that if he's unhappy he could walk? I may be thinking with my heart rather than my head but even if we did sell him this month just to get some money out of him, there's no guarantee that will be reinvested wisely in January. Baines will be massive for our realistic push for 4th place and the FA Cup.

If we get Champions League or win the FA Cup, I think Baines would want to re-sign with us even if he was free to walk. If we fell short, I wouldn't blame him for walking too much, and I think keeping him for this season would be worth the gamble.

If he does walk away for free in the summer, we'll have plenty of time to sign a backup for Oviedo, I'm not convinced January is enough time to find one.

If we get Champions League or win the FA Cup, I think Baines would want to re-sign with us even if he was free to walk. If we fell short, I wouldn't blame him for walking too much, and I think keeping him for this season would be worth the gamble.

I know what you mean but I'm telling you now, we won't get Champions league. Better of selling him now. You're loosing out on 15m otherwise.

The question is, will Moyes panic buy in an attempt to drag them into the CL? If so, it won't be Shaw he's after. That said, Evra is still easily (he's been good this year too) good enough to be playing week in week out until end of the season, when it is expected he'll go back to France.

Have you seen him play recently? His defending has been utter gash. Against Totenham he was their weakest link in defending. Tottenham could do what they wanted down his wing.

Sell him now and we would get about 15 million, sell him in the summer and we will get about 8 million. Which would you prefer?

The only way he will stay at Everton is if United decide to buy a left back that isn't Leighton Baines. But if United still haven't sorted their left back situation by the summer, and Baines still hasn't signed a new contract, then he will end up leaving on the cheap.

I wonder if we can read anything into Garbutt's loan at Colchester just being renewed on a month to month basis. Maybe they expect to bring him back at short notice as cover for Oviedo. Wild speculation on my part.

I wonder if we can read anything into Garbutt's loan at Colchester just being renewed on a month to month basis. Maybe they expect to bring him back at short notice as cover for Oviedo. Wild speculation on my part.

I really wouldn't read much into that, we've got Baines and Oviedo, we don't need another LB as Distin and Barry can play there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back