Barrett-Baxendale: Champions League isn't a dream. I'm planning for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't argue that since she has been promoted she has changed the company structure beyond recognition. Seeing the amount of directors we have now for specific areas she is obviously happy to delegate. Elstone must have had a more hands on role in all these areas beforehand and we know how that went.

Whether she has employed the right people for those roles is another matter, but least we know who is responsible if a department isn't doing its job and ultimately Moshiri I expect will be wanting results too.
I see it as weakness rather than a strength tbh.

It's not a bold appointment. It's the appointment of an owner who wants to remain taking the big decisions...and getting most of them wrong.

I see it as weakness rather than a strength tbh.

It's not a bold appointment. It's the appointment of an owner who wants to remain taking the big decisions...and getting most of them wrong.

Can go both ways I think. If we look at the positives one person doesn't have the time to micromanage all parts of the business. If you have the right people beneath you who are trusted and that have been properly incentivised then you can achieve far more. If you choose to look at the negative side then you could say she is just a chancer who has set things up so if things go wrong she can blame x person instead of taking the blame herself.

Hopefully she is the former of the two.

Even those who cant do the CEO job have a right to demand someone who can.

Obviously it's early days for her, but I;ve seen nothing but delegation and flannel from her so far.

What is it about you mate ?
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything to do with the club.
She is putting forward a really positive , professional front for the club.
Head and wobble in the same sentence mate !

What is it about you mate ?
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything to do with the club.
She is putting forward a really positive , professional front for the club.
Head and wobble in the same sentence mate !
Critiquing what looks to be on the face of it a safe and unambitious appintment IS being positive.

We want leadership that can drag the club into the 21st century. What we've been given is a promotion of someone with zero corpoirate profile and the creation of more posts that look like they're sinecures.

Doing what you suggest would be the negative thing to do: just bowling along and accepting the ridiculously unaimaginative appointments to the CEO post we've seen since Dunford.

Someone like David Gill would have a lot of credibility in the industry. Or maybe Peter Lawell at Celtic who has a big corporate CV.

What we have is a patsy for Moshiri to hide behind while he takes the major decisions. It's cosmetic.

Do you not think Abramovich makes all the major decisions at Chelsea? What about John Henry? The Leicester owners? Mike Ashley? Gill and Sullivan? The Watford owners? Are they all going around empowering their CEOs? Of course not. They are the decision makers whether you like it or not. The CEO’s role is effectively to maximise performance of all aspects of the club but the defining decisions rarely sit with them. When there is that much money involved in entities that are in some cases privately owned then of course the owners or investors are going to have their say.

Can go both ways I think. If we look at the positives one person doesn't have the time to micromanage all parts of the business. If you have the right people beneath you who are trusted and that have been properly incentivised then you can achieve far more. If you choose to look at the negative side then you could say she is just a chancer who has set things up so if things go wrong she can blame x person instead of taking the blame herself.

Hopefully she is the former of the two.

A sign of strength in a manager is the ability to delegate functions to those best suited and then to " Lead the Team".

The higher one rises in management the more important this becomes.

The worst kind of manager is one who sits on the shoulders of those who ate in charge of particular sections of work.

Open door policy, regular team and individual meetings are the way to manage efficiently. If one has proper senior management skills one will know from day to day how things are going without constantly looking over the shoulder of members of one's team.

This lady strikes me as displaying the qualities of top level management.

Do you not think Abramovich makes all the major decisions at Chelsea? What about John Henry? The Leicester owners? Mike Ashley? Gill and Sullivan? The Watford owners? Are they all going around empowering their CEOs? Of course not. They are the decision makers whether you like it or not. The CEO’s role is effectively to maximise performance of all aspects of the club but the defining decisions rarely sit with them. When there is that much money involved in entities that are in some cases privately owned then of course the owners or investors are going to have their say.
Commercially we are a 'kin laughing stock.

There was a lot of talk about an ICI executive taking this CEO post of ours up. Then we have a promotion of a charity fundraiser from within.

Sorry, I'm not supporting that. We need governance from major players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back