Baxter makes his debut

Status
Not open for further replies.
José Baxter. It's an unusual combination is it not? I find him intriguing for that reason alone. I wonder how good the club think he could be. What do the rest of the lads call him? 'joe-zay', 'joze', 'jo-ball', 'bax', 'baxo',

'souper bax' - You saw it here first.

I hope he doesn't pronounce his own name incorrectly which is an unfortunate thing I have encountered before.

Baxter, José Luis [Joe] (1940-), activist and revolutionary, was born on 24 May 1940 at El Moro stud farm in Marcos Paz (Buenos Aires province of Argentina)

At ten, Baxter had an accident in the school and broke his elbow. For this reason, he would not be able to move correctly the right arm. One of those physical types inclined to be rather corpulent, Joe was nicknamed El Gordo. [That means 'the fat one]

Joe had plenty of time to hang around the political debate meetings at Café Paulista together with pupils of Salvador and San Agustín Catholic schools. He was fascinated by their nationalist discourse and became an enthusiastic pro-Nazi and anti-Semitic activist.

When the Cuban president Osvaldo Dorticós visited Argentina in 1962, Joe Baxter was captivated with Castro's revolution and its anti-imperialist challenge to the United States. Owing to the creation by Fr. Julio Menvielle of Guardia Restauradora – a Catholic segment within Tacuara – the organisation split and Baxter and others set up Tacuara Revolutionary Nationalist Movement (MNRT). Therefore began Joe Baxter's metamorphosis from fascism to Marxism

By 1963 Joe Baxter was a full-time political activist. He admired Algeria's nationalist revolution and rejected anti-Semitism

By the early 1970s he was living in Chile with his wife and daughter Mariana, born in 1968 in Cuba.

Then he signed for us. Given his past decisions we'd best be on the lookout for a possible sale to the dark side.

I think he's just turned 16 five days ago, not 17. Football manager has him down as born in 1991, but the FA U16 site has him down as born in 1992, which would make sense; makes him younger than Rodwell which explains why he's just started for the reserves while Rodwell has been there for a while.

Rodwell has always been in a higher age group than him for England.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back