Bellamy almost signing for us in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercurial players tend to be strong/difficult personalities - Cantona, Gazza, Ronaldo, Balotelli, Drenthe, Di Canio even Rooney you need a manager like Venables, Redknapp, Ferguson who can charm as well as be dictatorial.

It's never been in Moyes locker hence he buys "good eggs" - fine for steady top half of the table but without the devil that winners have - result is tumbleweed in the trophy room.

Mercurial players tend to be strong/difficult personalities - Cantona, Gazza, Ronaldo, Balotelli, Drenthe, Di Canio even Rooney you need a manager like Venables, Redknapp, Ferguson who can charm as well as be dictatorial.

It's never been in Moyes locker hence he buys "good eggs" - fine for steady top half of the table but without the devil that winners have - result is tumbleweed in the trophy room.
Good point, Moyes will need to learn to work with stars with Huge Egos. Basically Moyes will have to be the opposite of the Moyes at Everton.

Thought this was interesting, in tomorrow's Mirror, extract from his book:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/craig-bellamy-autobiography-david-moyes-1922837?

Says he was all set to sign for us after a first meeting with Moyes. Even brought his packed suitcase with him to the second meeting with Moyes, convinced he'd be signing there and then, only for Moyes to start detailing lists of rules he must follow.

Maybe Alan Shearer had a word in Moyes' ear and put him off.

You do wonder though, if we'd signed Bellamy, if we'd have beaten Villareal and made the CL group stage, and what effect that would have had on the club to kick on.

Very funny article had me in stitches,he didn't seem to like that GINGE fella,and he said he had a soft spot for Everton
Worth a read

Spot on IMO.

At that time I remember " Sheedy" giving the same account of what happened practically word for word.

Haven't heard from Sheedy for ages. Thought he might of had a little insight about the managerial appointment. Just goes to show how Kenwright has kept things close to his chest that no one has a clue whats happening.

Haven't heard from Sheedy for ages. Thought he might of had a little insight about the managerial appointment. Just goes to show how Kenwright has kept things close to his chest that no one has a clue whats happening.

He's posted on another forum i use; basically saying what everyone else is saying... Martinez.

On the pitch he's exactly what you want - good player with a winning attitude and battling mentality. Off it he's a bell. Think I'm glad we swerved him.

On the pitch he's exactly what you want - good player with a winning attitude and battling mentality. Off it he's a bell. Think I'm glad we swerved him.
From all accounts I've read about him - off the pitch he is actually a great guy, very involved in charity work. Actually his character makes it more difficult on the pitch - despite his great workrate and good skillset and even better pace/engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back