2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not knocking him, but surely he should be fit by now? He’s been in full training for 3 months - including a couple of international breaks where they could work extensively on fitness - and has played a part in 10 or 11 games I think. That should really be plenty to get match fit.
There is physical fitness and match fitness though, and i don't think he is match fit just yet. You can see it in his decision making and his movement at times and also his timing and reactions. Please don't get me wrong, i think he is an amazing player and as soon as he said he wanted to leave Shaktar i wanted us to go after him, he offers a type of skillset that could be very useful once he finds his feet.

Something not quite right at the moment, his fitness is still not there...

His quality is though, we need to persevere with him & he will deliver...

Problem is I think he's best suited a "10" but as Sigurdsson is on fire he isn't getting a game there any time soon. He's doing ok on the wing but we won't see his best form until he's playing through the middle. I also believe time is needed to adjust so even in the middle he would be learning. Can't fault his work rate.

Problem is I think he's best suited a "10" but as Sigurdsson is on fire he isn't getting a game there any time soon. He's doing ok on the wing but we won't see his best form until he's playing through the middle. I also believe time is needed to adjust so even in the middle he would be learning. Can't fault his work rate.
He has played practically all his career on the wing and rarely if ever as a No 10

He has played practically all his career on the wing and rarely if ever as a No 10

For me it's the type of player he is in the Premier League I think he would be better through the middle. As I said above he isn't playing there any time soon unless Sigurdsson gets injured but we'll find out in time I suppose. Maybe it's just his size but he reminds me of Zola and Juninho. Wingers these days are more powerful tricky skilful wingers don't seem to get as much joy.

For me it's the type of player he is in the Premier League I think he would be better through the middle. As I said above he isn't playing there any time soon unless Sigurdsson gets injured but we'll find out in time I suppose. Maybe it's just his size but he reminds me of Zola and Juninho. Wingers these days are more powerful tricky skilful wingers don't seem to get as much joy.
He is still adapting, once like you say he is up to scratch with league and fitness he will show a lot of people up for slating him. Not you just in general

He is still adapting, once like you say he is up to scratch with league and fitness he will show a lot of people up for slating him. Not you just in general

Totally agree he'll be a good player. I want him to do well as he looks like an exciting player. I hope he proves me wrong and is the next Pienaar just think he might show his true worth in the middle. The good thing is that he can play more than one position which means we can have a fluid front line.

Totally agree he'll be a good player. I want him to do well as he looks like an exciting player. I hope he proves me wrong and is the next Pienaar just think he might show his true worth in the middle. The good thing is that he can play more than one position which means we can have a fluid front line.
Our front line is the best it’s been in years and will cause the best defences trouble as ia starting to show and in 12 months this lad will be a massive factor in it

Our front line is the best it’s been in years and will cause the best defences trouble as ia starting to show and in 12 months this lad will be a massive factor in it

If only he had been fit from start of season we might be in top 5 now. 2 top Brazilians in our squad who would have thought it. Previous Brazilians Rodrigo, Anderson Dr Silva and Jo we've come a long way since them days. We need to appreciate the gifts we've now been given. All players have off days this includes Messi and Ronaldo.

If only he had been fit from start of season we might be in top 5 now. 2 top Brazilians in our squad who would have thought it. Previous Brazilians Rodrigo, Anderson Dr Silva and Jo we've come a long way since them days. We need to appreciate the gifts we've now been given. All players have off days this includes Messi and Ronaldo.
Exactly and to play in a league which is completely different to one where one or two teams win everything to one that every team can beat another and everything else that comes with it like language barrier etc he hasn’t exactly done a bad job. I think once brands and silva have a full team of signings is when we see Everton of the 80s come back into play. It’s very exciting times to say the least and if we can keep signing Brazilian gems then I for one won’t be complaining

The physicality and pace of the defenders seems to intimidate him a bit. As if he knows that if he doesn't get a shot off or cross in straight away he'll be challenged. He looks hurried because of it.

Needs to find his PL head pretty quickly or the fans will turn.
Fans defiantly won't turn on him as long as the lad carries on giving 100% like he has been doing as for being more like mcgeady than kancheskis very harsh that mate the lads got a football brain and skill mcgeady could only dream about .But I think he will go on and be an amazing player for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back