2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our whole attacking force lacks cohesion. Individually they have all been very decent and effective. If anything, we are kind of like United of last year. Scrappy with a bit of flair and pace all across the front line.

I'm quite curious to see baines partner with Bernard for weaker teams. There was a lot of exciting early signs with digne and Bernard but it has seem to faded. I don't like the lazy idea that he can't play on the right he can still do his playmaking

I'm quite curious to see baines partner with Bernard for weaker teams. There was a lot of exciting early signs with digne and Bernard but it has seem to faded. I don't like the lazy idea that he can't play on the right he can still do his playmaking
There isn't a single team I trust Baines legs defensively against. For me Digne starts if fit.

Early days for him yet

People are too impatient

I've said from the day we signed him that once he's bedded in we'll start becoming a proper force. Next season is where we can finally start the season strongly from the off without loads of adjustments, and this guy will be the key Cog.

He does probably need a goal to settle down a tad because he's still in that 'trying too hard' phase.

I've said from the day we signed him that once he's bedded in we'll start becoming a proper force. Next season is where we can finally start the season strongly from the off without loads of adjustments, and this guy will be the key Cog.

He does probably need a goal to settle down a tad because he's still in that 'trying too hard' phase.

I didn't think we would see a fullt tilt Silva/Brands side until at least 18 months at the club.

The progress has been excellent, epitomised by the turn around in Michael Keane.

To have so many new players still adjusting to each other and the league shows what an impressive job is being done.

Bernard has been a bit erratic in his performances but that is understandable.

The other thing is it's now become a squad game so players will inevitably have to sit out games. The extra versatility of Bernard means he can be brought off the bench and do different jobs. In the past the back up players have been a real drop in quality if Bernard is the level of sub we can now expect we have moved forward. Use This season to get him up to speed and next season get our players in earlier and attempt to hit the ground running. If he stays a few seasons I can see him being remembered as a top class player.

I keep seeing this statement about putting players in against weaker teams. It is actually making us weaker and giving the so called weaker team a better chance against us. It is such a fine line between better and weaker teams so why adjust the team to give them a better chance. We should only play our weaker players out of necessity or if we are home and dry after 70 mins. We must beat the weaker teams with our full strength teams or they could be lost points that will haunt us later on.

I keep seeing this statement about putting players in against weaker teams. It is actually making us weaker and giving the so called weaker team a better chance against us. It is such a fine line between better and weaker teams so why adjust the team to give them a better chance. We should only play our weaker players out of necessity or if we are home and dry after 70 mins. We must beat the weaker teams with our full strength teams or they could be lost points that will haunt us later on.

I agree. We can't be resting important first teamers against anyone in this league, we aren't good enough to do so.

I think our whole attacking force lacks cohesion. Individually they have all been very decent and effective. If anything, we are kind of like United of last year. Scrappy with a bit of flair and pace all across the front line.

Give em a chance, they`ve only played a few games together.

Remember Bernard has only just started playing full matches again, so there`s always going to be a " bedding in " period.

Spot on.

The way some were talking about potential line ups for the Cardiff game you would think we were playing an I-Zingari league team.

Give em a chance, they`ve only played a few games together.

Remember Bernard has only just started playing full matches again, so there`s always going to be a " bedding in " period.
United got 2nd last year, so what I said was intended as a compliment. We really don't seem to have the fluidity of the other top sides as of yet, but as long as we are effective, it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back