Big Dunc Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
He arrived, he played, left - not his fault, came back, played some more...sometimes put in a good performance, maybe could've put in more, kept pigeons, put cones out, punched out burglers and sometimes the odd opponent, but hey - nobodies perfect.

I quite liked him.

Derby County at home when we were in desperate need of points he was sent off for elbowing Wanchope off the ball. Real team player.

Derby County at home when we were in desperate need of points he was sent off for elbowing Wanchope off the ball. Real team player.
This is the game which probably clouded my memory of him, I came down for that game from Scotland with my eldest lad who was then about 11, big Dunc was his hero and I'd spent a lot of money on the trip.
All the excitement of the game and the trip ended with yet another moment of madness hy the big man, it wasn't even subtle, he nearly took Wanchpe's head off.

Loved a choke, a throttle even. A hefty throw too. Scored not many goals. Over revered by many. Glad he never got to manage us proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back