Big few games ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
I think this coming week could have a big say in who gets that 4th spot in the league as all of our rivals have tough games coming up.

We play Spurs at Goodison and then go to Blackburn on the 2nd Feb.

Villa play Liverpool tonight and Blackburn on Saturday.

Liverpool play Villa and then West Ham.

Man City have an easy game against Derby but then play Arsenal.

Portsmouth meanwhile play Man Utd and Chelsea in their next two games.

Now, I appreciate that it's a big if because Spurs and Blackburn are very tough sides and both are playing well, especially Spurs. But if we can get a couple of good results, with the ANC players due to return shortly afterwards, and our rivals all facing tough games we could find ourselves in pole position for a CL spot.

We need to be getting something from the game with Spurs just to stay ahead of the chasing pack. The trip to Blackburn should see us yielding 3 points as they have been very very poor of late.

But back to Spurs. With a week and a halfs rest between the Chelsea match and the game with spurs, we will have no tired bodies and everyone should be 100%. Spurs have been suspect at the back for a while now but Ramos is starting to gring some results out now. Also their last two games have seen them keep clean sheets. It will certainly be an encounter where we will need Arteta, Manny and Ossie on top of their games and creating a lot of chances for AJ/Victor/Vaugney.

I think this coming week could have a big say in who gets that 4th spot in the league as all of our rivals have tough games coming up.

We play Spurs at Goodison and then go to Blackburn on the 2nd Feb.

Villa play Liverpool tonight and Blackburn on Saturday.

Liverpool play Villa and then West Ham.

Man City have an easy game against Derby but then play Arsenal.

Portsmouth meanwhile play Man Utd and Chelsea in their next two games.

Now, I appreciate that it's a big if because Spurs and Blackburn are very tough sides and both are playing well, especially Spurs. But if we can get a couple of good results, with the ANC players due to return shortly afterwards, and our rivals all facing tough games we could find ourselves in pole position for a CL spot.

Weds is the most important game of any. Lets concentrate on getting to that final 1st and then worry about league games

Well results have gone our way thus far. Liverpool have failed to win either of theirs. Man City messed up against Derby and I can't see them beating Arsenal. Hopefully we can get a win against Blackburn and we'll really cement ourselves in that 4th position for when the cavalry returns.

Villa are the ones that worry me. They have a couple of nasty matches in March, but other than that their schedule is fairly "do-able" (apart from us in April, of course).

Yes, their next three games are Fulham (a), Newcastle (h) and Reading (a). They could feasibly win all of those. One thing I will say is that they have been lucky with injuries. Only 14 of their players have made more than 8 appearances this season. By contrast we've had 19 players in that category. If they get some injuries then they could suffer as they don't the depth we have. Likewise Man City, as they're showing at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back