Big Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrottel

Player Valuation: £35m
Big Vic wants more money, according to the fine and unbiased journalism of Alan Nixon in the Mirror.

EVERTON youngster Victor Anichebe wants a bumper new contract - with a big pay rise - after breaking into David Moyes' team.

The Nigerian striker is heading for a clash over the size of wages and length of deal that he and his advisors are looking for from the Toffees.

Anichebe, 18, has made a handful of starts in his breakthrough season, and he came on as a second-half substitute in yesterday's win against Arsenal.

Now the former youth team player wants a hike in salary to reflect his progress at Goodison Park as he helps the sixth-placed team push towards European qualification.

Insiders reveal that the terms may be more than Everton are prepared to pay - with talks going to drag on and possibly set to cause friction.

Anichebe is represented by agent Nick Rubery who is now part of the First Artist group and this is brewing into a potential confrontation between the club and their young player.

Considering it was Everton who brought him on, smacks of Jeffer's syndrome to me. Should have an increase but I think the lad at 18 is over estimating his value.

Honestly i wouldnt beleive a word Alan Nixon says! The lads prob looking for a new deal after a first team breakthrough but to be fair i cant see him asking for anything over 15.000 a week. Hes prob still on youth team wages. Tjhe words storms and teacups sprinng to mind thought he did well yesterday whenn he came on and took players out of the game for the goal!

Honestly i wouldnt beleive a word Alan Nixon says! The lads prob looking for a new deal after a first team breakthrough but to be fair i cant see him asking for anything over 15.000 a week. Hes prob still on youth team wages. Tjhe words storms and teacups sprinng to mind thought he did well yesterday whenn he came on and took players out of the game for the goal!

I think you could be right Neiler but greed is a powerful drug and the agent will fan the that fire. We have a string of these kids coming through so if you give one you have to give them all if they are performing well. Our weakness is the fact that we paying BT £40,000 a week for sitting on his useless lard arse, these kids see themselves in a higher bracket based purely on the fact they are being picked ahead of him. There is food for thought in the story even if it isn't true:blink: :blink: :blink:

to be fair to beattie, he was our record signing at the time of buying him and he had played for england. any youth player needs to tune in to sanity fm if they think they are at a similiar level.

anichebe is probably on about 400 notes a week. i'd guess a new deal would not see him go over 7k a week. nice money if you can get it for an 18 year old.

btw... is beattie really on 40k a week?? that does not sound like the sort of wages moyes would hand out to me.

mcfadden dug his heels in and got a new contract 'something like' what he was after. it must feel a bit gaulling(sp) actually putting the effort and performances in when certain other players are seen to be resting on their laurels.

Alan Nixon my arse!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/anichebe-hits-back-at-contract-claim.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back