Biggest, Most Important Everton Goal of your Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argree with the fact that the rooney money made Moyes job of stablizing the club and setting a firm foundation for the era we are now enjoying (yes enjoying) , but i'm pretty sure the world knew we were there well before rooney let fly that day.

Maybe. But i don't think we really garnered much press. We were just a team that used to be good in the 80s etc to them. But then we became relevant again.

My generation would only cover for the past 9/10 years so here it goes...

Rooney v Arsenal
[video=youtube;bf9Q0jALXMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9Q0jALXMY[/video]

Jags' pen at Wembley v Utd - never been so happy in my life (it's not me in the video by the way :lol:)
[video=youtube;HFvm1X1_1yY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvm1X1_1yY[/video]

The one that made us believe we could go far - Gosling's v Liverpool
[video=youtube;WxMInvkERI4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxMInvkERI4&feature=related[/video]

its without doubt, graeme stuarts winner v wimbledon to keep us up, it kept us alive as a club, if we went down to division 1 just before the massive sky tv money was being offered we would never recovered.

I have 4:

Rideout's FA Cup Goal in 95. Best. Feeling. EVER.

THAT bicycle kick against Chelski, from mr Cahill.

Jags Penalty at wembly...

and... Saha's Goal in the FA Cup final (I got soaked in the pub because we'd just got our drinks, and threw our hands in the air! Classic!)

Farrelly goal, or Duncs bullet header in Derby when Rideout scored, or either of Amo's goal at Elland Road, all very memorable.

Another i always discinctly remember is Ebbrells goal against Stockport, i once saw him walking along Goodison Rd, i said " nice goal against Stockport John'. I don't know who cringed more, him or me. I was only about 13 though.

Hello again to everyone here on GOT- been missing to my surprise since 2008.

Haven't read the whole thread but I'd take a pop at Inchy's goal away at Oxford in the darker early days of the 80's as probably my most significant goal I've seen in my lifetime, with Barry's dodgy bobbler against the Crazy Gang a very close second.

This has been a fantastic read.

Mine: (Personal)

Big Dunc's first against RS in 94 - My first derby (aged 8), big Joe's first win. Spurred us on to beat Leeds and Chelsea in our next two games and get us out of the bottom three.

Rideout FA Cup final - First and only (so far) silverwear I've seen us win (I was 1 in 87). I remember everything about it - Waggy's sketchy clearance, Limpar's run, Jackson's pretty splendid cutback that left Pallister on the deck... all of it. Even Bruce calling to the bench about his hamstring just before the break, and then looking stranded on the line when Rideout put it away. Also, on the replays when we got home, big Joe nodding it in.

Arteta - Fiorientina - I was really proud of us that night. Such a great display and an absolute stunner from Mikel.

Most important:

Farrelly's weirdly beautiful/ugly right footer against Coventry (funny how I spotted a few people saying it was against Bolton, who went down) - still a pretty grim day, all in all.

Timmy's goal against Newcastle - 2-0, 4th place ours

Saha's brace against Chelsea/Rodders' third against Man U - this was a run of 4/5 games that could have left us in the bottom half with no hope of salvaging anything. Two massive wins in what was a mostly outstanding final half of the season.

Hello again to everyone here on GOT- been missing to my surprise since 2008.

Haven't read the whole thread but I'd take a pop at Inchy's goal away at Oxford in the darker early days of the 80's as probably my most significant goal I've seen in my lifetime, with Barry's dodgy bobbler against the Crazy Gang a very close second.

Welcome back lid, where you been?

Super thread with some great, great goals.

I'm a bit surprised there has not been a nod to Kevin Campbell and the aceness he provided to keep us up.

I'll just go for his hattrick against West Ham in the last game of the season by which time he had kept us up with his superhuman flow of goals.

I'll just go for that game for personal reasons as I took one of the acest girls ever to Goodison that day and the blues won 6-0.

Farrelly or Big Duncs goal against ManU at Goodison that took us to the fourth spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back