• Barkley playing out of position

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • other

Votes: 44 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...whilst it's clearly a concern that we only have one effective CF, my main worry is the lack of drive and creativity in the final third. If we don't create chances we don't score goals, if we don't score goals we don't win football matches. Basic really.

I voted for "Only two strikers" but to be honest, my biggest worry is that we have no player/tactic capable of providing decent service to the strikers.

Kone will come good.

Watch.

This.

Space.

:drunk:

....even the threat of no contract renewal appears to be having little impact. Players in that situation often up their game and start producing in the hope of being offered an extension but that isn't happening yet. I don't expect there's a queue of clubs wanting him on a lucrative Bosman.

Injuries.
Injuries ruined our season last year and we're starting off hamstrung by the same problems.

Surely sorting this out would be the cheapest and probably most effective way of improving us in both the short and long term.

I'm interested to see how we create chances this season.

Are we going to play through the middle (using our new creative player when he arrives), use wingers (or forwards on the wings) or make space for Baines and Coleman to come forward?

If we don't support the forward/forwards, then obviously it is difficult for them to score. Either Mirallas and Deulofeu could play as an inside forward rather than as a winger. And it would help if they both understood that passing can help others to score too.

I'd like us to improve at corners at both ends.

And I would like the whole squad to be fit and ready for the first game.

After the inevitable third failed stadium attempt, the happy clappers still bow down to the greatest evertonian in der wurld.

What is your biggest worry for this season?

Mine is really having only two strikers. One is kone aswell who would struggle to score in the championship. Lukaku needs challenging to progress and stay on form.

Feel free to add your own.
Sorry to have to edit for accuracy.

Another worry is Barkley continuing his 'reverse development' and getting even worse than he was for most of last season.

One more season like that and he'll be following the Jack Rodwell career path and will be at somebody like Norwich within three years.

That people are predicting Kone "coming good" when it doesn't look like this:
article-2386742-1B338F5A000005DC-683_306x423.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back