• other

Votes: 44 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have my attention.
th

@davek will be writing the season off in August again, like he did last year.
I didn't write off last season early, I posed the question that - given the dropping of crucial early points - whether we might use last season as a "fallow" season, to bring in younger players and try and get on top of the Moyes legacy of an ageing first team core.

Actually that's what Martinez did a bit toward the end of the season and this preseason - blooding the likes of Garbutt, Galloway and Browning with a lot of game time.

This season we have no EL distraction and have the capability to regain our footing in the top 6-8.

I didn't write off last season early, I posed the question that - given the dropping of crucial early points - whether we might use last season as a "fallow" season, to bring in younger players and try and get on top of the Moyes legacy of an ageing first team core.

Actually that's what Martinez did a bit toward the end of the season and this preseason - blooding the likes of Garbutt, Galloway and Browning with a lot of game time.

This season we have no EL distraction and have the capability to regain our footing in the top 6-8.

Ah yes the unacceptable failing of the 6th place trophy.. wait.. what?... that's the ambition now?

And you used to say Moyes lowered expectation.

Ah yes the unacceptable failing of the 6th place trophy.. wait.. what?... that's the ambition now?

And you used to say Moyes lowered expectation.

I dont think it's good enough and neither would Martinez or Moyes. My thing about the 7th place trophy was the glass ceiling we were always destined to be banging our heads against due to the poor management of the club as a business. Many viewed it to be ok - respectable 'best of the rest' - and it went hand in hand with zero investment and mismanagement.
and get back into the EL, don't you see the irony?

No, not really. Next time around we'll have the squad and managerial experience to cope with the workload. Dont forget, we were playing in two competitions nearly all season with an ageing first team asked to play two gamers per week on many occasions and with a manager very inexperienced in dosing PL and European efforts. That wont be the case hopefully next season if/when a European spot is secured.

keeper issue is way ahead for me. partly because there is a decent chance he is looking to sort some of the other problems

Nothing I've seen so far suggests our play will be any different than it was last season, if anything worse. No cutting edge again and probable in ability to not leak stupid goals.

Barry worries me. Also our defensive strategy of leaving our flanks exposed so that squads like Crystal Palace and Leiscester can just hoof it to the corners and destroy us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back