Homepage Article Blackpool View On Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Tom from Blackpool’s utmp provides the insight on how the young striker has got on so far in tangerine.

Sounds good, he seems the opposite to DCL, more guile and natural finisher, needing to work on his off the ball workrate.
Looks really promising, who knows an ideal partner for DCL?

Nice to see one of our loanees being given the opportunity to prove himself and develop rather than being instantly discarded and used as a scapegoat after one poor performance by his loan team’s manager.
That's why its so important to find the right loan for a player and not just chuck him at the best team possible. I think in the upper league one echelons the clubs have more scope to develop players than they do in the championship, you can count on one hand the amount of clubs that give opportunity's in the Championship to lads under 20, as it is so cut and thrust!
Blackburn are probably one of those clubs, but for them to also bring in Harwood Belis from City would of been a warning sign for me!

That's why its so important to find the right loan for a player and not just chuck him at the best team possible. I think in the upper league one echelons the clubs have more scope to develop players than they do in the championship, you can count on one hand the amount of clubs that give opportunity's in the Championship to lads under 20, as it is so cut and thrust!
Blackburn are probably one of those clubs, but for them to also bring in Harwood Belis from City would of been a warning sign for me!

I also think timing is everything. Around the age of 18 is a crucial formative time in a player’s development, that’s when we should’ve been trying to find Simms a loan to a League 1 or 2 club. But Unnnnnnsy saw the bright lights of PL2 glory unfortunately and so those years of his career have been wasted. Hopefully the lad can catch up and be where he needs to be in the next 12 months.

I also think timing is everything. Around the age of 18 is a crucial formative time in a player’s development, that’s when we should’ve been trying to find Simms a loan to a League 1 or 2 club. But Unnnnnnsy saw the bright lights of PL2 glory unfortunately and so those years of his career have been wasted. Hopefully the lad can catch up and be where he needs to be in the next 12 months.
100% agree with that one mate. Hopefully this youth cup run can give more exposure for our new group coming though. Chelsea & man City have spotted that league 1 market early and have sent some out to the likes of Charlton & Lincoln.
I think the likes of Blackpool, Lincoln & Fleetwood are ideal teams to try get our 18/19 year olds too, the coaches know what they are doing with young talent and appear to have there best interest at heart.
Wigan will be stronger next year with Leam Richardson doing a great job, so they could even be a good option and i like what Wimbledon manager has done also, although, id like to see evidence of them pushing on next year from a relegation battle

This is where Brands seems to be having a positive impact. If it was up to Unsworth, Simms would still be in his U23's i reckon.

To me the U23's are for the best crop of 17/18 (maybe even 19 at a push) year olds to make the step up into mens football. Not for 22/23year olds to hang around. It looks like Brands is pushing the kids up earlier and loaning out the slightly older players to get game time.

This is where Brands seems to be having a positive impact. If it was up to Unsworth, Simms would still be in his U23's i reckon.

To me the U23's are for the best crop of 17/18 (maybe even 19 at a push) year olds to make the step up into mens football. Not for 22/23year olds to hang around. It looks like Brands is pushing the kids up earlier and loaning out the slightly older players to get game time.
Maybe but think Simms might have got a game for our first team during this horrendous injury hit period we are in now.He can finish,great goal last week.Remember when big Joe was thrown in at 16 he never looked back.Different times I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.