Bob Woolmer: well what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
It seems that the police are about to start a serious murder investigation following the death the Pakistan cricket coach at the weekend. Woolmer was a little younger than myself, had diabetes, type II I understand, suffered with asthma, again like myself. No mention has been made of any heart problems, thyroid seems to have been AOK and the guy hardly drank. I am sure that, along with his team, the medical staff attached to the Pakistan camp will have checked him out regularly, diabetics have to be seen at least once every six months, bad cases are monitored monthly. A post mortem has been carried out and the cause of death has yet to be established. I feel certain that is the cause of death had been 'natural' then any pathologists worth their salt would have identified that cause by now.

More sinister undertones are emerging, the press have already accused the Pakistani's of match fixing, this would not have been the first time, the money that changes hands on cricket in the Indian sub continent can eclipse the Grand National. No one has yet expounded the theory of a terrorist involvement, western coach blamed for embarrassing defeat.

What do you think will happen? Within hours of his death half the Pakistan CC resigned, blaming the Irish defeat for their departure, surely the correct think to have done would to have waited for the guys funeral at least. IMO if I had been a Pakistan player I would not have played in that non entity of a match yesterday but they all turned out. Sky claimed that some were in tears, I looked and never saw any in fact there were some smiling.

This is a very strange busy, conspiracy theories will abound, of that I'm certain

What do you think, even those having no interest in cricket will want to follow this one? If only Morse was still alive:blink: :blink: :blink:

Second post mortem was held today i think as the first was inconclusive, his wife was on sky sport news today, she was adamant that he would not have commited suicide, and that his health was generally fine.
Following rumours of foul play, she said that nothing could be ruled out.

Second post mortem was held today i think as the first was inconclusive, his wife was on sky sport news today, she was adamant that he would not have commited suicide, and that his health was generally fine.
Following rumours of foul play, she said that nothing could be ruled out.

Sky report tonight that the entire Pakistan team is to be finger printed

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1257003,00.html

This story will run and run so lets try and guess what went on.

Additional clues tonight say that Woolmer has a broken bone in his neck consistant with being strangled, this is like a real life who dunnit.................any suggestions. I think it is distinctly possible that someone has lost a lot of money on the Ireland game, possibly Woolmer found out about a match fix, murder is the most likely out come. In a macabre sort of way this is a fantastic story, unless of course your name was Bob Woolmer

Last edited:
It has been confirmed by the police that Woolmer was murdered, strangled, a full investigation is underway, poor sod;)

Anything's possible Cal, he could have been involved in match fixing for all we know. I'm certain it was not a random murder and that some of the Pakistan squad know more than what has yet come to light. The team management are today demanding the right to fly home unhindered tomorrow, I would not let any of them out the country, if they do they won't come back:P

in time the whole truth will come out, somehow you get the impression that the outcome will rock the cricketing world to it's foundation.
My thoughts are with his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back