Bolton 1-2 Everton. 26th Jan @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did Wally Fielding. Just thought I'd tell yer.

Wally Fielding..aah! 'The best uncapped 'inside forward' in Britain'...thats what they used to call 'Nobby'. My story...towards the end of Wally's career at Everton when he was way past his peak, I was at the front of the 'old paddock'...I could just about see over the wall..and Wally chased a ball to the touch line just in front of me. The ball won the race, and Wally stopped himself at the wall immediately in front of me. He looked up, breathing heavily, stared me straight in the face and said..

"Christ, son, I'm F****d"

These little football moments stay with you all your life.

Never thought id see the day a fan wouldn't be happy with a told you so when it means we win... certainly neve
r thought id read that a fan can't wait for the same situation to happen but we lose. kin Ell mate you need to lighten up. also you seem quite angry

Exactly right mate.

Driven by an agenda that has to seek the negative. Highlighting the Heitinga substitution as a bad call when it him who scored the winner about sums it up for me like

Here's my Wally Fielding story, Steve. I was walking up Goodison Rd one Saturday before a match and Wally was coming the other way with Bobby Collins. I would've been about thirteen and I said something to Bobby as I got close. I don't remember what but it was something you'd expect a hero worshipping kid to say to his idol. Anyway, Wally told me to f... off. I was in
shock at the time, but I got over it.

Same here. ****ing joke mate. Made the people I was with go to a pub showing it and had to sit through 80 minutes (40 minutes of adverts) a load of pontificating from the bells in the studio and then not even a replay of our goals. Absolutely disgraceful.
Hate the way as the programme goes on, the advert breaks get more frequent. last few games it was an ad break after every match round up.

Having said that, Spanish tv are worse in the advert department.

Hate the way as the programme goes on, the advert breaks get more frequent. last few games it was an ad break after every match round up.

Having said that, Spanish tv are worse in the advert department.

A single ad break was 3 times longer than the Everton coverage. All of them put together it was obscene, ratio of adverts to Everton was like 15:1

You want a medal or a chest to pin it on? A blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while, too.
Can't wait for Moyes to make a similar move in a similar situation and have it blow up in his face, if only to see what you have to say. Fact is, this result only papers over the cracks.

@king hell, who do you support ?

Made to work hard for the win against a championship side at home in the Cup - no surprises there then. Well in Blues.

So what would you have done?

Velios should have come on alongside Jelavic. We needed to split their center half's, (they were playing real tight together) and Jelly man just wasn't able to do that on his own. If that had happened IMO - chances would have started to happen.

TBH any player on the edge of that box may have scored - is that JH's 2nd only goal for us ever - a vital one as we did not need the replay - I feel it was the logic of the sub, but Felli was having a mare in midfield, & he played a part by being in the box for the goal so DM got it right - the first thing JH did when he came on was to give a foul away!
Not ideal when you send yougster out on loan & play defenders in midfield like JH & PN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back