Bolton vs Everton - 9/04/07 3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
vsbolton.jpg

Please use this thread for all discussion on this forthcoming fixture.

My thoughts are this:

Nice graphic at the top.

And if we win this then the confidence and impetus from it will carry us towards Europe. And Manny is back, so out you go Leon.

Lets [Poor language removed] get into them.

My thoughts are this:

Nice graphic at the top.

And if we win this then the confidence and impetus from it will carry us towards Europe. And Manny is back, so out you go Leon.

Lets [Poor language removed] get into them.

Cheers, quite proud of it meself :lol:

If my net isnt working again by this game, i'll be well and truly miffed off.

Am refusing to go this match, lost every time I have went the reebok so am doing the side a favour.

Back up into 5th for us, I think we'll outplay them for periods of the first half, take a lead (Vaughan) and then do the usual backs to the wall (no, I don't mean that Chico, calm yerself;) ), hanging on by the skin of our teeth stuff.... won't be comfortable watching, but 3 pts and 5th place... and within 2pts of 4th by the end of Monday(y)

well ladies and gentlemen, it seems my corners bet has been adopted by a few of you, (did like the 'everton to win by 3 at 30/1'...brilliant call)

can we have '14+ corners' bet and '6+ yellow cards' oh and as its the weekend of firsts, 'hibbert to score at 500/1'

I think Chico wants to score again.

Seriously we will need to be far tighter at the back when we play at the Reebok than we were against Fulham. Big Sams bully boys will be hoofing anything in sight, we must keep our composure and we can win. The Trotters look on us a a bogey team when we play there, here's hoping. Not on the box so it will be gather round the radio, if I'm up to it I'll try and provide some coverage for the less fortunate(y)

I think Chico wants to score again.

Seriously we will need to be far tighter at the back when we play at the Reebok than we were against Fulham. Big Sams bully boys will be hoofing anything in sight, we must keep our composure and we can win. The Trotters look on us a a bogey team when we play there, here's hoping. Not on the box so it will be gather round the radio, if I'm up to it I'll try and provide some coverage for the less fortunate(y)

That will be greatly appreciated - I'll be at work (not a full holiday here) and in a meeting, so no video or audio commentary. I'll be relying on you monty.

Good news lads, Grand Old Team will have a representative at the Reebok this Monday in none other but yours truly, yes I have definately secured a ticket in the first row of the Upper Away Stand, beautiful seats to witness us to a romping victory (one can hope!)

I will be back to provide analysis as in-depth as possible. I'm really excited about going. hope the journey back ain't too long.
COYB! 0-2
Yobo springing up from a set piece to out-jump Bolton early on, Arteta rounding up before the half is over. Everton to look like scoring 5 but end up shrinking into their defensive shell second half for a nervy, but in the end comftable 0-2 away win.
that's my prediction anyway!

Good news lads, Grand Old Team will have a representative at the Reebok this Monday in none other but yours truly, yes I have definately secured a ticket in the first row of the Upper Away Stand, beautiful seats to witness us to a romping victory (one can hope!)

I will be back to provide analysis as in-depth as possible. I'm really excited about going. hope the journey back ain't too long.
COYB! 0-2
Yobo springing up from a set piece to out-jump Bolton early on, Arteta rounding up before the half is over. Everton to look like scoring 5 but end up shrinking into their defensive shell second half for a nervy, but in the end comftable 0-2 away win.
that's my prediction anyway!

i'll go along with your prediction Sean, although AJ to score both. COYB

A draw is not good enough if we have true aspirations, this is a huge, must-win game and ANY kind of win would be fantastic it be it a jammy totally undeserved 0-1 like last year or a 0-3 hammering. I will be celebrating as long as we pick up the 3 points. We should remain focused on the job, concentrate defensively for the long balls, and with Arteta and Johnson in the team we have the ability to outclass them. Keep it on the deck, defend as a team, and we will be fine.

So I understand why you think AJ will bag 2 Latch, his pace will be a handful because Bolton are hardly lightning at the back. If we had Fernandes available, I think the win would already be ours!

i'll go along with your prediction Sean, although AJ to score both. COYB

I think at times AJ is inhibted when up against big strong centre backs but like that he is inclined to get a pen shout (pity there never given) or get by them on the break, lately i have noticed defenders playing very deep against him. This has tended to push him out wide more running into channels. While Vaughan is also capable of this and it has really has really strecthed opposing defences hence we see other players getting goals and oppurtuites in recent games. I think arteta has been in on goal 3-4 times in the last two games a paceir midfeilder mayhave better use of these oppurtuties, but than i wouldnt swap him for the world! Just wait for timmy to come back!

This will be a tough game, Bolton and Sam did not get where they are by being pushovers.

One fear I have is that Moyes will tempted to play McF.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back