Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodison crowds had always been vicious in their condemnation until the Moyes years, none more so than in the 60s. That venom is starting to return following 16 games of insipid rubbish.

Let me say this again, Stan.

No one, but no one, is booing the "players".

There have been many disastrous mistakes from Howard, Jags, Disdin and Ossie which have lead to goals conceeded at home this season and no bugger has booed them for it.

No one is booing Bobby. We still love him even if we are showing him tuff love right now.

What people are booing is the self defeating, turgid tactics on display in every match.

Up the tempo, put a lot of pressure on, start creating chances, show a bit of commitment and shoot at goal more often .....and no one will boo, no matter if we win, lose or draw.

Is that too much to ask?

I'm not 100% sure you are right about nobody booing the players or manager, but my point is that booing during the match is negative and can only make the situation worse. Booing at the end of the game is not only legitimate but is the only honest way of expressing dissatisfaction directly and immediately.

The reason the fans are booing is because we keep passing the ball back to Howard and this invites pressure and creates chances for the opposition. All we are asking is if we are going to pass pass pass, do it much faster and try to attack - so we can see us create chances.

Do people see now why everyone was so wound up at Goodison??

Win lose or draw we play THE SAME WAY!! We were 1-0 down, 2-0 down and finally 3-0 down and still no urgency, no attack, no eagerness.

The people who couldn't understand the boos are simply idiots, and even more idiotic if you still can't fathom it out. QPR are the worst team i've seen in a long time, and we were negative, yesterday we got schooled and there was still no attack in them.

I've not been this furious in a long time about Everton, none of them are playing for the shirt..actually i take that back, the usual ones are, but the majority aren't.

Disgusting from them

Do people see now why everyone was so wound up at Goodison??

Win lose or draw we play THE SAME WAY!! We were 1-0 down, 2-0 down and finally 3-0 down and still no urgency, no attack, no eagerness.

The people who couldn't understand the boos are simply idiots, and even more idiotic if you still can't fathom it out. QPR are the worst team i've seen in a long time, and we were negative, yesterday we got schooled and there was still no attack in them.

I've not been this furious in a long time about Everton, none of them are playing for the shirt..actually i take that back, the usual ones are, but the majority aren't.

Disgusting from them
You are right about them not playing for their shirt and its down to the manager to manage and not be so weak.
The whole club is lacking leadership,hunger,spirit and steel

You are right about them not playing for their shirt and its down to the manager to manage and not be so weak.
The whole club is lacking leadership,hunger,spirit and steel
Spot on, i got blasted on twitter yesterday for saying Jags isn't a good enough captain, but for me he simply isn't.

Every game i've watched him make a mistake which has lead to a chance/goal. He doesn't organise his defence and in my opinion, your captain shouldn't have issues with his own game, he should be perfect to be able to fix others problems.

Jags, Distin, Baines and Howard are big problems for us. I'm sick of seeing Baines fixing his hair instead of playing the game, he looks like he can't be bothered. Distin and Barry are simply past it and it's time for Martinez to earn his money and change things.

Besic and Barkley had a great game...why would you change it!? I'm dreading the Stoke game

Spot on, i got blasted on twitter yesterday for saying Jags isn't a good enough captain, but for me he simply isn't.

Every game i've watched him make a mistake which has lead to a chance/goal. He doesn't organise his defence and in my opinion, your captain shouldn't have issues with his own game, he should be perfect to be able to fix others problems.

Jags, Distin, Baines and Howard are big problems for us. I'm sick of seeing Baines fixing his hair instead of playing the game, he looks like he can't be bothered. Distin and Barry are simply past it and it's time for Martinez to earn his money and change things.

Besic and Barkley had a great game...why would you change it!? I'm dreading the Stoke game
If martinez is not taking the premier league as serious this year why not try out some younger players.
I agree about jags not being a leader but to me everything comes back to martinez.
The tactics are dire we play so slowly and i am not surprised the players are half asleep.

The players shouldn't be booed it's that clown martinez playing the unbalanced team selection
I think the boos are aimed at team tactics rather than the players implementing them but the manager isn't on the pitch.

These days, if the players are unhappy with them getting the stick for things that stem from a failing management then i suspect that at most clubs their feelings get through to those above the manager. The consensus on here is that BK would not be moved if the fans went against RM. I'm not so sure. And in any event BK no longer makes the critical decisions. That right lies with those behind the scenes, Green in particular. And if Green sees a real threat of us going down and blow his chances of losing his investment then he will make the business decision to get shut.

Been going the match since 1971 - And I consider it my god-given right to boo, harrass, and take the piss out of anyone wearing a blue-shirt that graces the hallowed turf.

It's our club not theirs - they will all [Poor language removed] off and die but the club will live on! It's bigger than them and it belongs to us the fans. So if I wanna boo if those over-paid [Poor language removed] aren't performing - then by christ I will!

*lobs cushion

The players shouldn't be booed it's that clown martinez playing the unbalanced team selection
It is a matter of opinion whether it is right to boo or not,my own opinion is against QPR the crowd didn't boo loud enough
or long enough it was anti football all that passing back, and it make any difference to me whether we were winning or
losing.

It is a matter of opinion whether it is right to boo or not,my own opinion is against QPR the crowd didn't boo loud enough
or long enough it was anti football all that passing back, and it make any difference to me whether we were winning or
losing.
Agreed. The bit of booing after the attacking free kick turned into a back pass to Howard was the cumulative result of every opportunity to get the ball into the box in the last 20 minutes or so having been turned down by the Everton player in possession.

If we put in another poor performance and get beat on Boxing day by Stoke then you will hear some proper booing. And deservedly so Martinez must take the blame for that. Baines and Lukaku should have been dropped weeks ago, players playing out of position tactics all wrong it's just like watching a Sunday morning pub team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back