Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.
Those poxy training games where no-one puts a tackle in does not prepare them for the heat of battle.
Prima donna's with no heart all over the pitch.
If they think those 2 perfomances are anywhere near the standard required for a club like ours they need a rude awakening.
We have to accept the fact that the whole team needs rebuilding. There's so many areas of weakness it's difficult to know where to start. Massive clearout of the players who've shown they simply cannot handle playing for us or are always on the treatment table. I'm not sure I'd lose any sleep if we sold the lot. Maybe keep Tarkowsi and Patterson.
Lampard has to cut his cloth too - no good playing a formation where we are overrun every game.
I would begin where it is easiest. I think it is impossible to hire someone more clueless than Lampard.

I'm feed up with seeing training ground videos of players scoring goals and doing fancy tricks. It's no good doing it in training if you don't do [Poor language removed] all on sat afternoon.
True. They were so poor yesterday that they should club together and pay all those travelling fans £150 each compensation money.
They can well afford it. from the ridiculous pay they get.

Transitioning to a different play style mid season with low points with a limited squad will only lead to us picking up even less points.

When a team is limited and already in trouble, a dramatic play style change is unlikely to save us.
Were currently already drilled and set up to play and that style, so a manager whos good at that style could Improve us enough.
If we sign up Dyche he'll want a 2 1/2 year contract, minimum. So if we sign him up we are playing hoofball for the foreseeable future. No ta.

If we sign up Dyche he'll want a 2 1/2 year contract, minimum. So if we sign him up we are playing hoofball for the foreseeable future. No ta.
I just want to stay in the league, if we play hoof ball for a season or two and get stable in the league, then it's the time to try and transition to a more.attractive style.

Trying to transition to expansive football with one of the weakest teams in the league in a relegation fight is suicide.

I just want to stay in the league, if we play hoof ball for a season or two and get stable in the league, then it's the time to try and transition to a more.attractive style.

Trying to transition to expansive football with one of the weakest teams in the league in a relegation fight is suicide.
We are not one of the weakest teams in the league though individually, we just have zero idea how to play as a team.
That is why we have a coaching team.

We are not one of the weakest teams in the league though individually, we just have zero idea how to play as a team.
That is why we have a coaching team.
We are one of the weakest teams in the league, finishing 16th last season and currently we'd all take 16th this season shows that.

We are one of the weakest teams in the league, finishing 16th last season and currently we'd all take 16th this season shows that.
Dont agree, we're a bunch of players that have no idea what theyre doing together.
Watching Fulham push United here for a winner with the likes of Bobby Decordova Reid and Dan James as their main attacking threat.

Dont agree, we're a bunch of players that have no idea what theyre doing together.
Watching Fulham push United here for a winner with the likes of Bobby Decordova Reid and Dan James as their main attacking threat.
Those players would improve our front line though.
Dan James direct pace would he'd offer more than Gordon and possibly more than Gray

Those players would improve our front line though.
Dan James direct pace would he'd offer more than Gordon and possibly more than Gray
I think if you look back when the rumours were swirling that we were in for James, a massive majority on here wanted nothing to do with him.

Sadly we're in a pickle with FFP so that wasn't possible.

Maupay isn't a bad player - in the right set up he'll get you circa 8 goals a season which is fine for a back up CF.

The problem is the manager playing a system of lobbing crosses into him when he's 5 ft8.
Yeah with ffp the club should have went after the correct type of player then mcneil i just dont get why he was bought in. Maupay i have no problem if we had another target man as cf

Status
Not open for further replies.