Match Thread Bournemouth Vs Everton - FA Cup 5th round - Sat 20th Feb - KO 17:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfffft!.

I can imagine the announcement:

"Everton's manager has been relieved of his duties today. Though Mr Martinez amassed Everton's best PL points record and finished comfortably in midtable for the following two seasons - building a powerful squad of young players and playing the club's best football in a generation - it was felt by the Everton board of directors that it was best to now try another direction as they turn to Eddie Howe the manager of recently relegated Bournemouth."

FFS.

It's ludicrous.

Two more years at least please, Roberto. See this five year plan out and crack on from there.

It will be more like this :

"It is with regret we inform you that Everton Football Club and Roberto Martinez have amicably parted ways. Despite been given a vast transfer fund in order to mould the squad, he has yet again failed to achieve his goal of European football for the 2nd season running. The Board now realise that a team like Everton deserves a manager with a clue and 1 who sees that Arouna Kone has no place on a football pitch. We wish to announce the appointment of Vitor Pereira on a 7 year contract.

Fresh from doing what he does and winning yet ANOTHER title in his 3rd different country its hoped that he can bring his will to win and desire for success to the greatest group of players in Europe. We wish to take this chance to wish Mr Martinez every success at his new challenge with Exeter City and hope that nobody laughs at all the Barca shouts when he rode on the back of Moyes team and fluked a few wins 1 season"

Signed
Jimmy War Crimes
(Everton Chairman)

Robles to keep his place tomorrow and us to win 3-0 I think! Can't wait to watch this tomorrow, think we will put on a great performance.

Im gonna go Barkley first goal...;)

It will be more like this :

"It is with regret we inform you that Everton Football Club and Roberto Martinez have amicably parted ways. Despite been given a vast transfer fund in order to mould the squad, he has yet again failed to achieve his goal of European football for the 2nd season running. The Board now realise that a team like Everton deserves a manager with a clue and 1 who sees that Arouna Kone has no place on a football pitch. We wish to announce the appointment of Vitor Pereira on a 7 year contract.

Fresh from doing what he does and winning yet ANOTHER title in his 3rd different country its hoped that he can bring his will to win and desire for success to the greatest group of players in Europe. We wish to take this chance to wish Mr Martinez every success at his new challenge with Exeter City and hope that nobody laughs at all the Barca shouts when he rode on the back of Moyes team and fluked a few wins 1 season"

Signed
Jimmy War Crimes
(Everton Chairman)
Ha Ha. Jimmy War Crimes.

Hello gang, me again sorry.

So another walk in the park against lower league opposition, Bob wasn't too happy but alas we move on.

Evertons-Ross-Barkley-celebrates-scoring-their-third-goal.jpg

It was noted in the last preview that you all like a short one (Ooh Matron) so I fully intend on keeping this one quite brief too.

Bournemouth, I've been once and all I vaguely remember about the place is it had a Harry Ramsdens, it's sort of like a scruffy Blackpool of the south, without a tower (Use of word scruff to keep the Chico element alive).

1119011_4777add7.jpg

We all remember what happened last time we played them, last minute winner, nope, Everton out Everton-ed themselves that day. The meffs across the park dined out on a picture of some lid in a pair of Lonsdale slip-ons and we all synchronised swore.

Bournemouth-vs-Everton.jpg

To be fair I don't know a lot else more about Bournemouth, I think there's a tank museum down there.

Now on to Everton. What even are we? Just when I thought we were coming good, back to back 3-0 league wins, excited, oh no let's lose at home to Tony Pulis' West Brom. We definitely now have to prioritise the FA Cup, we've got F all else to play for in reality.

Hopefully I'll be bringing you another one of these Speedy Sapie Previews in a few weeks time and hopefully we'll get someone jarg who I know a bit about!!!

Godspeed!
Ta Sapie
We'll win this one, 3-1 to the Blue Boys.

@davek, @MoutsGoat - this is the match thread. Take the Martinez discussion elsewhere.

Hopefully they rest a few given they've been sucked into a bit of a relegation scrap again. Full strength for us and hopefully big games from Rom and Ross. Our season rests on this, and possibly the manager's future too...

2-1 blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back