Boxing

Two wrongs this time make a right
In a strange way the wide cards probably help Taylor, most had catterall winning a quite close fight. If that would have been how the judges had it everyone would be in agreement, the narrative will be changed now though after them cards and over time we will start to hear how Taylor was robbed. I remember similar happening when Paul smith fought Abraham. Smith ended up getting a rematch and payday out of a fight he clearly lost just because the judges cards were too wide.

In a strange way the wide cards probably help Taylor, most had catterall winning a quite close fight. If that would have been how the judges had it everyone would be in agreement, the narrative will be changed now though after them cards and over time we will start to hear how Taylor was robbed. I remember similar happening when Paul smith fought Abraham. Smith ended up getting a rematch and payday out of a fight he clearly lost just because the judges cards were too wide.

People who are thinking that way, are obviously massive Josh Taylor fans. Nobody and I mean nobody can say it’s a robbery, the first fight was an absolute robbery, this one had a clear winner and the winner won it by atleast 3 clear rounds. The two rounds that I scored a draw could have went either way, if the judges scored the ones I drew a draw to Catterall then the 117-111 is right. The difference is, different fan bases from different countries will score it different, it needs to be all under one banner boxing cos every week, sick of hearing about score cards.

The problem is, we score with our eyes or ears and not head or heart, some people who have favourite fighters do score with there heart instead of head and eyes, it’s all very confusing haha. Last week, Usyk vs Fury, the right man got the decision, winning it by at least two rounds, this week the right fighter got the decision winning it by 3 rounds. But we still hear about the cards, promoters do what promoters do and make sure there fighter who lost, is still sellable by saying his fighter won when he clearly didn’t.

Paul Smith vs Abraham one was very close, was always gonna go to Abraham in Germany. Glad he got bounced in the rematch though. Seen smith at JLA when he was going to Germany for it, he was rushing due to been late for his fight. Wished him luck and he replied with “yeah but you ain’t having a picture” grown man, as if I’d ask for a picture with another man cos he’s a professional sportsmen, absolute melt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back