Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue to the bone

Player Valuation: £70m
I will admit that writing these previews are now becoming a chore. Like many others we are experiencing a real disenchantment with all things Everton. From top to bottom it's a shambles. And a terrible run of results with Mr benitez as manager certainly isn't helping.
So we head to Landan to take on new boys Brentford. They ain't anything special. But they probably won't have to be.
City went more or less expected. An injury to Gray and suspension to Richarlison didn't help our chances here . Not sure if we will have anyone back for this. But it looks like we may have a front 4 of townsend , iwobi, Gordon and rondon . That's enough to strike fear into the heart of any Evertonian .
We really need to get something here. 1 win in 9 and the Derby to follow midweek. Things are not good at all are they .
So come on blue boys give us something to shout about for a few hours at least .
UTFT

I will admit that writing these previews are now becoming a chore. Like many others we are experiencing a real disenchantment with all things Everton. From top to bottom it's a shambles. And a terrible run of results with Mr benitez as manager certainly isn't helping.
So we head to Landan to take on new boys Brentford. They ain't anything special. But they probably won't have to be.
City went more or less expected. An injury to Gray and suspension to Richarlison didn't help our chances here . Not sure if we will have anyone back for this. But it looks like we may have a front 4 of townsend , iwobi, Gordon and rondon . That's enough to strike fear into the heart of any Evertonian .
We really need to get something here. 1 win in 9 and the Derby to follow midweek. Things are not good at all are they .
So come on blue boys give us something to shout about for a few hours at least .
UTFT
Thats the spirit ?

Nothing doing here for us again.

I refuse to predict anything better than draws at home to poor opponents whilst this massive injury crisis persists.

Not again, cant wait for the summer transfer window, only decent time of the footballing year before reality sets in.

d4a7ae925191062983533b1e171bebcd.jpg

I can actually see us winning this one - it might have to be a 30 yard screamer or a ridiculous own goal (or a well-placed beachball coming to our aid), but I can see us somehow picking up 3 points before the derby, thus giving the club/board/Rafael a bit of breathing space so they can think of the derby as a "free hit" of sorts, write off any big defeat as 'unfortunate but not unexpected' and put off making any tough decisions about the future management of the club for a few more weeks.

Who the hell knows how this is going to go? They have similar injury issues to us but might have a few back. Our potential forwards look incapable of scoring.
My suggestion to the FSW would be to play Digne further forward and try to get some crosses on the fat lump Slowman Roundone's head. We cannot possibly play the same formation and tactics as the Citeh game. No Gray or Richy means we have no speed to score on the breakaway. Get Townsend out wide right and Digne on the left banging into the box for Rondone or Simms. Maybe we can both scrape a draw.....
Brentford is both geographically and in football terms a poor mans Fulham, they will be swapping leagues next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.