Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mixed bag really but it was always going to be a difficult game for him, away from home in a patched up team. He didn't hide and constantly took the ball which was good to see, but the game wasn't going for us and he's putting himself in a position to make errors and lose possession, and Leeds just made it difficult for him really.

I liked what I saw higher up the pitch, on the overlap, he looks a threat.

He did ok, wasn't given a passing option in the first half and didn't have the confidence yet to move forward with the ball on his own. Once Pienaar came on he found it a lot easier. He backed off a little bit too much defensively, but wasn't badly caught out of position at all. I think both of those things will come with games and experience with the team, he's got the basic skills to be able to improve as a player.

He's not as attacking as Baines though, is he?

But then again, if we need to draw a game out to a close we can bring him on for a bit more sturdiness.

You can see that he struggled with the 'physical' side of the game here, but that'll come with time.

Every person on my coach on the way home was saying he was poor, but every player in our team was tonight and end of the day, hes competing with Leighton Baines, one of the best left backs in the world.

It is difficult, wish we Bainesy on the bench tonight, it could have been the difference.

I thought he had a fairly good game. He had the pace and forethought to go on the overlap and then the composure and awareness to pull the ball back to Anichebe on the edge of the box rather than just slinging it into the middle.

Difficult for him tonight, bit of a baptism of fire in difficult conditions, playing in a team that was on the whole, very poor. Flashes of good movement and pace but a lack in end product and a few sloppy passes. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a more advanced role in the future...

Rating Oviedo so far like, in the midfield role that is. Did decent when he came on in the derby and more in 5 minutes than gueye did in 45! Hope he gets more game time, looks like he's still settling in though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back