Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strengths:

Quick

Works hard

Isn't scared to take a man on

Is young

Seems like he appreciates his opportunity and likes the club. Does his bit to interact nicely with the fans.

Weaknesses

Doesn't show/demand for the ball

Extremely one footed

Seems to chase the ball too much at times leading him to get dragged out of position (level of arousal too high)

Weak as a bag of piss.

Strengths:

Quick

Works hard

Is young

Seems like he appreciates his opportunity and likes the club. Does his bit to interact nicely with the fans.

Weaknesses

Extremely one footed

Seems to chase the ball too much at times leading him to get dragged out of position (level of arousal too high)

Weak as a bag of piss.

you could say the say of his competition to come on in Naismith, except just leave out all the strengths

The boy looks like a neat and tidy player rather than a flair player to me. People keep saying he has lots of pace, I'm not so sure, when he came on at Norwich he knocked the ball beyond their right back when we had a break on and didn't get near the ball. Would like to see him get a decent run though.

Meh!

I sub him through anywhere on the left side and he does pretty good. But, maybe Moyes doesn't play FIFA, I wonder how he goes in FM?

He has a habit of being proper ****e if i start him but if i bring him on with 30 left to go he gets an assist every single time, i hope he gets a proper run of games.

From the top of my head Oviedo has started against Leeds, Norwich and Cheltenham, he was for me arguably our best and most lively player in all 3.
I don't think he should be starting but he certainly should be coming off the bench before Naismith, Neville, etc etc
With Pienaar being out now it's a great chance to give him or Barkley two games however I am resigned to the fact it's more likely going to be Naismith or Neville.

TBF very few defenders historically walk straight into the first team, Yobo, Baines Jags, Coleman, Jonny H etc, Utd had an eye on him in Denmark as well.

http://www.totalfootballmadness.com...lattered-to-be-linked-with-manchester-united/

i think paitence is required.

In the meantime here is Mrs Oviedo:
2744990_0.jpg

As the lid who sits next to me likes to say: "He's a proper little footballer, that Oviahdo". If he gets stronger he could be good, like. He looks really weak though atm, as Azzurri said. Tbh, I haven't seen the pace everyone else has, so far. He's not slow, but he's no Walcott.

He's got a boss song and a fit bird as well. Maybe throw him on late on in games when the opposition are tiring and might stand off him a little more. He's infinitely more enjoyable to watch than Naismith, even if he probably won't be any more productive or effective for the time being.

will be a good squad player but I cant see him being a first 11 player would hope we go for that Shaw lad as Baines's long term replacement at LB

From Southampton? He'll be out of our price range I imagine :(

He's not solely a left back. Read his opening interview when he joined the club. I'm being totally honest about him. I don't rate him at the moment and there's nothing to convince me otherwise he's done nothing.

Well what about the future? Do you think he could be good for us in a few years when Baines might be starting to fade?

Strengths:

Quick

Works hard

Is young

Weaknesses

Extremely one footed

Weak as a bag of piss.

Tbf that's true of a disgustingly high number of top level players. I'm not even talking just English/PL players. Was at the Bra v Rus game last night, and Neymar (who was pretty shoite btw) was doing that thing where a player turns in a CW circle, only using the outside of their right foot. FFS use your other foot you ****s! You're only payed millions a year to play/practice football 20-30 hrs a week, wtf do you do in training??? :@

Oviedo has looked pretty great whenever he's got on, in my opinion. He did more in his few minutes at the end of the derby than Magaye Gueye did in the whole half he played. I actually think we'd have won the game if Oviedo had replaced Mirallas instead of Gueye.

Also - his song makes me laugh out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back