Burnley v Everton. 26th Oct at 13.30.

Result?

• Burnley

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Everton

Votes: 145 80.1%
  • The actual [Poor language removed] has happened to Zellweger's grid?

Votes: 30 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Alcaraz had a good game myself, with Jags having a good game with his moments of madness.

We we're poor going forward though, just had 3 strikers with no creativity behind them. Improved with Ross and Pienaar though.

Fantastic result today.

Slowly starting to get back to the right level, and our attacking units are seriously quality

Solid if unspectacular (Eto'o second goal aside) win today and tbh I think it's what we needed to do. Away at a blustery Burnley after a European game, this had banana skin written all over it. We were pretty solid at the back and came alive when we needed to to score 3 good goals.

Two league wins in a row and have scored 6 goals in the process. I think we're starting to click.

Tough game today off the back of Lille on Thursday.
Frustrating at times but if you analyse the whole game we controlled the majority of it, Burnley's goal and only other clear chance came from our errors. Hopefully these will be ironed out as we are capable of controlling games from start to finish.
Lukaku will hopefully improve, he looks out of sorts but there is a player in their.
Eto'o is just pure class. Hilarious to think our neighbours passed him up for Lambert and Balotelli.
Poor start to the season, yet we are 5 points off the top 3.
Onwards and upwards.

Eto'o:
Watching baines today, good god i wish we had tadic linking with him, that musing aside, ok oerformanxe and good weekend of results for us this one, ossie shows hes done as anything short of a impact sub, alcaraz shows hes shakey derensicely but good on the ball, etoo showed rodgers knows nothing about players, and we showed we have no qide ok.players good enough without kev

That's because Martinez chose not to play any.

Tactically, we still look incredibly beatable

The tactics were spot on.

It is in the sometimes poor execution of said tactics that we put ourselves in unnecessary peril.

Every moment of danger from Burnley stemmed from an unforced error by one of our guys......most spectacularly when they scored.

And that has been the way of it all season.

Not the greatest performance today, mainly because we seemed determined to shoot ourselves in the foot. We looked more in control in the second half but I was still nervous until our third went in. Burnley were neat and tidy but you can see why they're struggling because they don't have enough in front of goal.

Sadly it looks like they'll be back in the Championship next season, and that's a shame cos it's only half an hours drive and the Cricket Club is a nice place to have a friendly pre-match pint without any agro.

Barry and McCarthy were excellent today. Romelu didn't have his best day, but still scored and Eto'o was outstanding. It's ages since we've had two really good strikers on the books.

We're 9th now, 2 points off fifth. Just thought I'd mention that.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back