Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Byram Bid Accepted, by GrandOldTeam

sambyram-150x150.jpg

There are unconfirmed reports (via local BBC source) that Leeds have accepted a bid from Everton for Sam Byram.

Adam Pope, Sports broadcaster for BBC tweeted;

I understand that an offer has been accepted by #Lufc from #EFC for Sam Byram although the deal is not yet finalised.

— Adam Pope (@APOPEY) January 14, 2016

Ian Atkins, who heads up Everton’s European scouting network, attended Portman Road on Tuesday night to assess Byram as manager Roberto Martinez stepped up his interest in the 22-year-old.

Everton have long been linked with Byram, who is likely to leave Elland Road this month, and Atkins’s presence at Ipswich indicated that Martinez remains intent on securing Byram’s signature before the January transfer window closes.

Leeds have received approaches for Byram, who turned down the offer of a new deal before Christmas and is out of contract at the end of this season, and the club are ready to sell their former player of the year if his valuation is met.

West Ham United are also keenly interested in him but Byram is understood to favour the idea of a move to Goodison Park and Martinez is currently short of options at right-back after losing Seamus Coleman to a calf injury.

Everton have long been linked with Byram, who is likely to leave Elland Road this month, and Atkins’s presence at Ipswich indicated that Martinez remains intent on securing Byram’s signature before the January transfer window closes.

The post Byram Bid Accepted appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Leeds but anytime I've caught some of their games he's always been the stand out player. Happy with this.

Also, I think he's about to get a lot of new followers on Twitter lol

Byram Bid Accepted, by GrandOldTeam

sambyram-150x150.jpg

There are unconfirmed reports (via local BBC source) that Leeds have accepted a bid from Everton for Sam Byram.

Adam Pope, Sports broadcaster for BBC tweeted;

I understand that an offer has been accepted by #Lufc from #EFC for Sam Byram although the deal is not yet finalised.

— Adam Pope (@APOPEY) January 14, 2016

Ian Atkins, who heads up Everton’s European scouting network, attended Portman Road on Tuesday night to assess Byram as manager Roberto Martinez stepped up his interest in the 22-year-old.

Leeds have received approaches for Byram, who turned down the offer of a new deal before Christmas and is out of contract at the end of this season, and the club are ready to sell their former player of the year if his valuation is met.

West Ham United are also keenly interested in him but Byram is understood to favour the idea of a move to Goodison Park and Martinez is currently short of options at right-back after losing Seamus Coleman to a calf injury.

The post Byram Bid Accepted appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Cheers @GrandOldTeam will keep watching.

@davek

Thought he was very good against us in preseason and seems to be having a really good season in the Championship. Smart move getting him in now as we'd end up paying double the £3m at a tribunal.

I've seen a good fair bit of Byram and more often than not, been impressed. Easily Leeds' best player and I think their actual longest serving current player. At the age of 22.

Both being their best and most experienced player may be more of a sign of how dodgy Leeds are these days, but I do think he will be a very good challenger to Coleman.

Mates with Garbutt too I think.

Quoted from the transfer thread. TLDR?

He's 22, Leeds' best player and he's mates with Luke Garbutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back